Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Familiar faces...



Do you remember these faces?











I sure do.
I'll never forget it as long as I live.


I thought it was PAST time for you to see how these kiddos have been growing. They are really thriving in their school at Berith. In fact, it's time for Sylvia to go to a new school. She has outgrown and outlearned that school. I love watching her mother all the other children. I realize I'm partial, but I just think she is one gorgeous little girl.





Please pray for Brian (far left) as he is now 9 years old and the size of a 4 year old. Though he is learning and developmentally doing well, his body was so effected by being so malnourished. Paul, his 2 year younger brother, has outgrown him. Both are small for their ages but especially Brian. I'm concerned about this effecting him later and him being ostracized for not only being Ugandan but his size as well. Please pray for healing for him- that his normal growth pattern would be restored. He will always have a special place in my heart!

A few weeks back I showed them my big belly and asked them why I had gained weight. Sylvia said "A Baby?" and another little girl named Stacey said "It's true!!"

This week when we went to Kibera, most realized I'm much bigger than I used to be... all except Paul who is so used to me grabbing him up in my arms. I bent down and he jumped into my arms giving me kisses and we both nearly fell over. The teacher reprimanded him in swahili saying that he's too big and I'm too big for him to do that. It made me sad to look at his little face when she told him that. He looked sort of disappointed. I thought "Is my Paul really getting to big for me?"


Singing songs at the school in Kibera

Sandra teaching the kids a new song

This school was really struggling with whether or not they would continue because they did not have enough kids to keep it open, but God provided them with 31 students! They are all very young as it is more of a nursery school. It seems to be thriving now!



This is Dottie, holding baby Dottie who was named after her!

3 comments:

gk said...

31 STUDENTS?? That's awesome!! I feel like when I was there, they only had like a dozen or so.

Praying for your 3 little friends, and GROWTH!!!

Nancy said...

Oh thank you for posting pictures of these children. I've wondered how they were doing. A joy to see them. One of my favorite mental "snapshots" is of one of the brothers (I think Brian) sitting on Chris' lap and he he kept holding up his sucker trying to share it with Chris.

The Beaver Bunch said...

Wow! They have grown SO MUCH! We still have the pic of Brian on our mantle and I look at it often.

So glad they are doing so well! & We'll be praying for Brian to GROW.