We have been blessed to have "home group" here in our house each week. On Thursdays, various families and individuals that live in our area, come here to fellowship and share on a more intimate level. One of the beautiful things that something like this affords is the closeness that can be formed between believers and their families. It's such a special time to Lindy and I because when the door opens up around 7:00pm, in walks families like Tom & Juanita Matthews who work translating God's word into various languages for indigenous peoples. The Davies walk in with their Welsh background and zeal to try new things to reach others. Peter & Peace Mutuma come with their Kenyan heritage and hunger for more. A Norwegian family has been attending for a while and all their kids come with such a wonderful personality and charm that everyone enjoys talking with them. We have South Africans, Americans, British, and Costa Ricans who are choosing to make this place at this time a part of their week.
Lately we've been talking about "Family" and how special believers come to understand family when they recognize the church is a family. I love the discussions and views. No one has exclusivity on insight or understanding, so we must be open to hear the thoughts of each other. I've found the comments of my family to be very helpful in uncovering my own misconceptions of various parts of the Christian life.
You know, being away from my family in US hasn't been easy, but God has widened my family and allowed us to see that is even more spectacular than I ever imagined! I often say, "I have very few friends, but I have quite a large family!"
Father, thank you for giving me hundreds of brothers and sisters and placing them in my heart!
1 comment:
Amen, Amen, Amen. Thank you for being our family and loving us like only family can! We love you so much.
Post a Comment