We are really enjoying the team from Wilksboro here with us now. They are real "go-getters". They have not only spent entire days pouring themselves out to Kenyans, but then they come home and wash dishes for me. Precious, precious people. Do you know Frank and Dottie Shealy? Well, if you don't, you should. They are part of our accountability board for OSM and their hearts for the lost are just absolutely amazing. They are the ones who got this group of amazing men and women to come stay with us and share God's love with the Kenyan people.
Here you go: Meet Frank and Dottie Shealy
Now that you are on a first name basis, allow me to tell you about the rest of their team.
Lon and Kay Chenoworth are the pastor and pastors wife of Bastist Home Church in Wilksboro.
Also among them there is a long time, precious supporter of OSM Cathy Lockhart who is about to complete her 5th trip to Kenya.
Mark and Teresa Church we just met for the first time and let me tell you- they have a spectacular testimony!
And last but not least, we have a couple that is 73 and 75- Norma Jean and John. I just love that they weren't afraid to leave the comforts of home to come over here and be hot, sweaty, tired, and ride on these bumpy roads. So if you are a little older, but have struggled with the desire to serve in overseas missions- Norma Jean and John should give you the push you need to get over here! :)
Right now the team is on their way back from spending nearly a week up country in Kakamega doing more conferences. I look forward to sitting down with them this evening and hearing their stories.
The women's conference last week.
Just a little something extra for you:
Yesterday the boys were so cute! Chris and I arrived right at lunchtime and they were all eating. Mama insisted that we share a plate… and I never turn down food. After I ate, I leaned back on the stairs I was sitting on in hopes that our tiny Thompson would start moving about. Sure enough, it happened. The boys were hysterical! It was like it REALLY hit them that I'm not just getting fat, but there is a baby brother or sister in there!
They were asking so many questions!
Julius: "Does it hurt?" Me: "No. No pain"
James: "Can it breath?" Me: "Well, it breaths water while it's inside me."
James again: "What does it eat? How do you feed it?" Me: "The baby eats what I eat. There is a cord that goes from here (showing him his belly button) to me, so if I eat ugali, then the baby eats it also. " James then breaks out into hysterical laughter showing Dan his belly button. I think he was obsessed with his button the rest of the day.
Dan: "Is the baby playing football (soccer) in there?" Me: "Yes, I think it is."
I got such a kick out of them. I look forward to the next conversation like this we have with them!
No comments:
Post a Comment