Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Finally saw it with their own eyes...


We just had some long time friends and supporters come over for 2 weeks to see what all the hype is about over here in Kenya.  Sam and Debra really enjoyed the country and its people.  We always enjoy 
having people here who have been a part of the journey for so long.  It's fun for us to watch them see with their own eyes what it is they have been investing in.  Here are a few pictures from their trip:









For some reason I cannot get the video of the boys' new home to upload.  I have tried and tried. Chris said he may try and take a shorter video.  I suppose it's too big, but I'm not sure. 

This Friday Ezra, James, and I will travel back up to Kijabe for a post op check up on James' ear.  Graig Austin's team of youngins' come in this evening.  Friday night we take G's team along with our boys and we will go to Juja camping.  They are out of school all week this week.  (This will be Wallace and Lana's new home) Acres upon acres.  Also Meshack Chitiavi will be joinging us to do some biblical teachings.  I could sit and listen to him all day... on wait... I have!  

I will try and post photo's and reports from this weekend early next week.  

Yesterday, Mama and Deo invited us over to hang out with the boys and have lunch.  Their house looks so nice and cute. Ezra enjoyed Mama's beans, while the boys enjoyed my butterscotch cookies.  (They promise not to miss my cookies/sweets as much as they'll miss me!)  The boys just love their new place.  Chris found out some disturbing news- they have bed bugs!  Eeeek! Yes, it's disturbing, but not surprising.  When you live among sewage and in the conditions of the slum, bed bugs are really the least of their worries.  We made them throw out their mattresses and bought new ones.  But in order to get the new ones, they had to thoroughly wash and clean their beds, blankets, sheets etc along with all their clothes.  We had to get those eggs killed.  They worked very hard yesterday so that they would have a good night sleep on comfy mattresses.  
James is doing well- keeping that ear dry and not jumping around.  What a great listener!  :)

No comments: