Friday, November 4, 2011

Praise Him, Praise Him...



I was thinking today "What can I update the blog about?" All I could think about is how THANKFUL we are. Since that's at the forefront of my mind- then THAT is what you get!

I would love to take a moment to share some of these things- from big things to very simple things.

  • We are SO thankful to finally have our Pajero back! I mentioned many posts ago that our engine completely blew on the way for a weekend camping trip. After a month and a half of cab rides and bumming rides off friends- we have A NEW ENGINE! Praise Him for great friends and for providing us with enough money to pay for the new engine.

  • God is SO amazing and SO faithful. He has created a woman's body to provide food for her child after he/she is born. I have had the IMMENSE privilege of being able to feed not only my own child but an abandoned baby as well. A VERY underweight little girl has been in a local Nairobi children's hospital after being found by police. When fed breast milk rather than formula- she eats a lot more and seems much more satisfied. The woman providing her with milk for over a month left this past Sunday and I have been able to step in and store up loads of milk in my freezer for her. I can't help but wish she was my very own little girl. I haven't met her yet- but I am REALLY looking forward to it. Praise Him that he has given me the ability to feed 2 babies!

(Both of these babes are 10weeks old) :(

  • Zippy and I have been talking for a while about sending her to cooking school. I have tried to teach her many things myself and she has done a great job of helping me by making simple things for my recipes (ie- cream of mushroom, pizza dough, tortillas). But it takes a lot of extra time to teach someone these things. We have looked in to a school here in karen for her. We have found one and she is SO excited! This will make Zipporah invaluable. She is already SO great at house work. Zipporah is super reliable and trustworthy and she gets work done quickly. I think she has found her tent making ;) I've been loaning her out to several friends who have been in need of a trustworthy house helper. A new friend that just moved here has offered to help us pay for cooking classes for her. The classes should begin some time in February. Praise Him for great help and for tent making for Zippy.

  • The Lord has laid on our hearts to get rid of things we don't use or need. (Yes- i realized the term "need" is relative) So we've been purging our things and giving away or selling stuff that we haven't used in a few years! Who knew there were people wanting and needing many of the exact things we were getting rid of! Praise Him for down sizing and providing.

  • Praise Him for providing us with friends when family seems so far away.



  • Praise Him for free baby sitters for a date night! :)

  • Praise Him for our home group (especially when I can't pay attention in church because a certain little sweet boy)

  • Praise Him for mosquito nets and the fact that there is little to no malaria where we live (bc Ezra has had a zillion mosquito bites!)

  • Praise Him for the beauty in this country. And Praise Him for this amazing home. I am so thankful to be able to sit outside and enjoy God's beauty just in my backyard.

  • Praise Him for the return of David Kangethe from the streets. He is working hard to prove that he is back and serious about leaving that life.

  • Praise Him for funds that are helping a few partners develop tent making opportunities.

  • Praise Him for Thomas and Zipporah who are playing with Ezra right now so I can write this post :)

I really could go on and on and on...

I am overflowing with joy and thankfulness this day!



3 comments:

Hall Family said...

Wow that's a lot! Praise Him Indeed!

--The picture of the babies at the same age is heart breaking.--

The Beaver Bunch said...

Praise Him indeed.

I love that you're getting to provide breastmilk for that sweet baby. And I love that God provides Mommas with exactly what babies need to be healthy and strong.

Missing you something fierce.

Sarah said...

Loved reading this! I'm so impressed with your milk supply! How very, very, very cool. God sure knows what He's doing. Much love!