When we do this to another person, we are mimicking a God-type quality and, therefore, acting like Christ. This is a good practice! However, it's not blessing someone when we pay them for a service or respond after they've held the door open for us. That is proper courtesy. Blessing should be unsolicited. It should come out of a generous and grateful heart. It doesn't mean we simply bless others who like us or who are our friends. The Bible states the opposite, "Bless those who persecute you, bless and do not curse." (Romans 12:14)
Today is Lindy Rollins Thompson's birthday. I came down here early this morning to write a sweet post to bless and honor her. But as I concluded my quiet time, another thought came to mind. "What if I ask you to bless someone else in her honor?" She has been such a blessing to so many others, why not do something, though she's miles away, to others as a gift to her? Would you be willing to try this today?
Here's what I'd like to ask of you:
Today (or tomorrow when you read this), make it your goal to get Lindy a birthday present. The present she would love above all else is you blessing someone who may have a need, be your neighbor with a flat tire, be standing in line to pay for groceries ahead of you, be someone who is sick and needs a visitor, be a single mom who'd love a break to go get coffee, be your family member who could use a kind conversation from you, or anyone else who would have no clue of your intentions.
Then write Lindy on Facebook™, email, or here on the comment section, and tell her of your gift to her and how it blessed someone else. Cool?
I do hope you'll do this! This would bring such a smile to her face. I know my wife; having her friends do something for others in the same way she has done things for them, would be a powerful testimony to her life.
Is there a better way to honor someone special on their birthday?
Happy Birthday Mrs. Thompson. You are loved deeply by so many!
No comments:
Post a Comment