600 fertilized eggs going into the incubator. Let the fun begin!
Noah stayed late with the guy that delivered the eggs. It was dark when he headed home after telling his wife, Lucy, he would be late. After he got off the matatu, 2 men grabbed him, punched him in the side and told him to give them his cell phone and money. Noah gave them the 2,700 shillings he had on him (about $33) and his cell phone. We learned all this today when he showed up for work. Chris and I are going to get him a new phone today- we feel terrible that we didn't take him home. We certainly will next time. We don't want any of our partners to have to go home in the dark. It's normally not a common occurrence. I suppose it could happen during the day, but it's much less likely when people can see. Noah said he's fine today- he's actually slaughtering chickens right now as I type this. Let's remember to lift up our partners on a daily basis, please. Not just on Sunday when we read "Sunday Supplications". And not that "They be without trials." That would be praying contrary to scripture. In scripture, we are ALL guaranteed persecution and trials in our Christian walk.
2 Timothy 3:12-13 "In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted, while evildoers and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived."
James 1:2-4 "Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters,[a] whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."
It's our attitude through these trials though. Will we "Consider it pure JOY?" or will we react like the rest of the world? Lately, I feel as though I have been failing miserably at this. I asked myself "How can I fix this? Fix my attitude and reactions to these things?" Clear answer: Spend more time in God's Word. PERIOD.
2 comments:
I am excited about this Chris and Lindy!!! I look forward to speaking with you sometime soon!!
Robert Winslow
The incubator looks fantastic! Can't wait to hear how it all goes. :) So sorry about Noah, but praise God that he wasn't hurt any more than that. Missing you all so much, can't wait for Ezra to arrive!
<3
Mercy
Post a Comment