It's been another crazy week. The Austin's moved back in and we are getting them settled. This is their last move before going home after Abby is adopted. Although we continue to pray for their adoption to wrap up, we selfishly want them to stay with us for an indefinite time.
For now I want to thank those of you who participated in 48 hours of Hope. It means so much to us that several of you were burdened by what God is doing here and chose to be a part of this ministry. For the Lord to burden Michael's heart to prompt this means so much to us. We only wish all of our National Partners could see the generosity of your giving! We even gained a couple monthly supporters which is super key in keeping this going!
I briefly wanted to mention this past Tuesday. I had a blast giving back the "clean" clothes to the street boys. Remember the little pair of shorts from the last blog I mended? When I handed his clothes back to him- he immediately held them up to himself and began dancing around with a massive smile. THAT made me happy. Another boy smelled them and said with a huge smile: "Ohhh- they smell SO good!" That's right. Those clothes I thought still had a stench to them- he thought was a wonderful smell. Humbling. Now, when I think my clothes are dirty- I know I can wear them a few more times. I challenge you all to think twice next time you want to just toss a pair of jeans in the hamper because they met your "wearing quota" of 2.
On a completely different subject, I want to ask you all to join in with us as tomorrow as is National Prayer Day for Sudan. I received an email from SP informing us of this special day of prayer. Join Sudanese Believers in Prayer for their nation. Christian leaders from more than 1,000 churches in north and south Sudan are urging believers worldwide to join them for their National Day of Prayer on August 1.
Sudan is moving into a critical time of transition. National elections are scheduled for January, 2010, followed by a historic referendum for the independence of Southern Sudan in 2011. Believers in Sudan have been fasting and praying for their nation during the week leading up to the National Day of Prayer on Saturday.
PLEASE PRAY FOR:
• Omar Hassan Ahmad al-Bashir, President of Sudan
• Salva Kiir Mayardit, President of Southern Sudan
• A peaceful election in January
• The vote on independence for Southern Sudan in 2011
• Revival and prayer in local churches
• Lasting peace throughout Sudan

The people of Southern Sudan suffered through two decades of bloody civil war that claimed more than two million lives before the Comprehensive Peace Agreement was signed in 2005. A sustained peace is critical over the next two years as sensitive negotiations and historic elections frame the future of the nation.
No comments:
Post a Comment