Saturday, January 3, 2009

Daraja means bridge




What an incredible blessing today (Saturday) was.  I got the priviledge of going with BHBC to see where the Daraja children live.  It was very humbling to see these children within their context.  I thought about all of you as I got to see their rooms, meet their brothers and sisters, and listen to them sing.  My chest felt like it was going to burst as they put on a show for us right in the middle of their housing grounds.  It was even better!  Not only was it better because I wasn't bawling my eyes out, but we got to see and hear all the children that didn't "make the cut".  When we first got there

the children were told to take the hands of one person and show us around.  I was blessed enough to have 2 show me around.  They were absolutely beautiful and so stinkin' cute!  They wouldn't let go of my hands... and that was fine with me!  They were Caroline and Monica- 10 and 12.  I wanted so badly to bring them home with me...maybe when I grow up we can adopt older ones too!

So here are only a few pictures (b/c I'm at the coffee house I can't download the video or the rest of the pictures).  As soon as we get internet- I will try and post them.  Thanks for being so patient!

You may recognize a few of these girls
I thought this was so cute.  One of the boys had this picture taped to the head of his bed above his pillow.  Must be some of his friends he met in the states.  It sure would mean so much to them if some of you would like to write them and send them pictures.  I'll get the address for those of you interested.  

These were my little tour guides- C and M.  Precious!!

3 comments:

M.D. Bowers said...

What an incredible blessing!!! I wish I could come by and see them as well.

We are working to have them come again to Rich Fork on their 2009 tour.

Chasity Evans said...

i would love to write them & send pics if u can get me some info thanks

Anonymous said...

okay... so on a totally different topic:
tom and joyce ward? sound familiar? okay, so we were over in hillsborough, nc visiting my Dad's mom (my link to kim kelly/hearn). she was home by herself since my cousins were out of town and her neighbor (joyce) brought her her paper and mail. we had met joyce before, and she knew we were from t'ville/trinity area. we started talking and she asked if we knew some guy named CHRIS THOMPSON. we were, like, YEAH!!! so thats how we found out that somehow one of their relatives sold ya'll your house, and that they knew all your family, too lindy! so thats my second ironic story. how weird is that?