Last night we had friends and family over for an authentic kenyan meal. Complete with Dengu, Ugali, Succumawiki, and Chapatis. Everyone... for the most part, enjoyed it.
We even had people eating with their hands. But the wimps broke down and used a spoon.... Pfff! Americans!
Ol' CT making the chapatis. Succuma and Chapatis- EVERYONE liked!
I guess what matters is that Chris and I LOVE Kenyan food and we miss the home cooking in Kibera. The succuma tasted EXACTLY the same though, so we were VERY excited that we can still have a taste of Kenya- even here in America.
Ma, what did you really think? She claims she liked it, but she was not a member of the clean plate club. Shame, Shame...
She always taught me to eat everything on my plate. Who's cleaning their plate now?
5 comments:
I want some!! It looks AMAZING!
Wow, how observant was I to be completely ignorant of the fact somebody was taking pictures this whole time? Nice to know I made the blog... glad I wasn't picking my nose.... or wearing my Obama shirt...
this looks so yummy!!!! i'm reeaalllly gonna miss this food. what did you use for the sakuma? kale? AND, i want some quotes when they saw and tasted the ugali:) so i guess all that extra weight was worth it huh?! love you and miss you...
ps--matt, there's about 540928745 obama shirts here, want me to bring you one? perhaps a calender? ice cream flavor? button? cereal?
Yes please. If you can find one in Green. Also yes, I would like some ice cream. My favorites are any of the following, Bama-Berry, Rasbama Swirl, Biden-berry Crunch, or Bananobama Cream.... Thanks. Hope you can get it through Customs.
Oh man, I do NOT miss ugali but that chipate on the other hand looks very appetizing!! I miss you two so much, I really can't tell you how excited I am to spend the weekend with you!!!
Post a Comment