Monday, November 10, 2008

Sneads Ferry


(Well- you all know by now, that my husband is one tender man. I just adore him.  He really is too good me.)

We were welcomed with more than just open arms to our first speaking engagment at Salem Baptist Church in Sneads Ferry NC.  This is a church all too familiar to Chris as it is where he grew up and came to learn of God's redeeming love.  We had such a great time with family, friends, and the church family.  Our precious niece, Emma, is getting so big and even more beautiful.  We miss her and our nephew, Levi, so much.  But I will say as we are putty in their hands when we get to be with them, it is well worth the sacrifice knowing that kingdom grows.  I wasn't sure either of them would know who we were when returned home, but the first time I saw Levi (9mo) at the airport, he reached out his arms for me.  The first time i saw Emma (21mo) walk in the door Wednesday evening- she ran right up into my arms hugging and kissing me saying "Nene!" (Which is what she calls me).  Emma has such a great little personality that we are finally getting to see.  She is learning to potty and she really preferred when "Srish" (what she calls chris) took her to potty.  I could brag all day about both of them, but I guess I'm "supposed" to be updating you all on the ministry.  
Chris spoke to the Baptist men and RA's on Wednesday as I was speaking to the WOM (women on missions) and GA's.  It was a great turn out and the Lord really settled my nerves so that I could say what it was He had laid on my heart.  Chris said the RA's asked the best questions.  One young boy asked "Is there piracy off the coast of Kenya like there is in Somalia?"  Another asked "What is Kenya's foreign policy?"  Wow!  
We spoke twice Sunday morning showing the Journey Video and provided a slideshow presentation with more intimate sharing time Sunday Night.  Saturday we got to bask in the delicious goodness of romanian Polenta and Fatata (an Italian brunch) with Pastor Joe and Mirella Samples.  Afterwards, Mirealla and I got to take a much needed stroll on the beach.  She has to be one of the most genuinely sweet people I know.  I could learn much about hospitality from her.  Growing up with very little in a communist country- she has SO much to give.  
      
We thoroughly enjoyed our time in Sneads Ferry and at Salem Baptist- as always!  We look forward to going back in a few weeks to speak at 3 other churches in the area.   

Upcoming engagements include the following:
November 16: Thomasville Friends Church- 6pm 
November 23: Heath Church- 10am

Do you know of any churches, businesses, or individuals who may be interested in getting involved in the great commission through Only servants Ministries?  If so please let us know by commenting here or emailing us at chrisandlindyt@gmail.com. We depend upon partners supporting this ministry.

For all you crazy picture guru's out there: Here are a few pictures of this past week in the Ferry of Sneads.  :)









1 comment:

Hall Family said...

Wow! The pictures make me want to visit.
I am so excited to see what God has in store for your ministry!

Blessings-Mandy

I am wondering if you could possibly do something for a homeschool group? That would be awesome for the kids! Just an idea!--Talk to Emily if interested, she knows EVERYONE!-LOL.