Wednesday, September 24, 2008

another dream come true.

Ever since I saw the Operation Christmas Child (OCC) video where they hand out all those boxes to those kids who have so little- I've wanted to do that.  I've wanted to be the one on the other side that gets to see their faces when they open their boxes.  But I had to settle with going to the OCC distribution center in Charlotte with Michael B to help fix, wrap, stuff, and pack up the boxes.  I cannot tell you what a joy that was to me.  I sweated but I loved every minute of it. 
Why am I telling you all this?
Well, we have the privledge to meet up with my cousin-in-law (Sarah Thompson's hubby) Tuesday night.  He works for Samaritans Purse and OCC.  That night I met a Ugandan man named Paul who also works with OCC.  I told him of my dream and he invited us to distribute the boxes with them TOMORROW!!!  I'm totally stoked.  I won't be able to post pictures because it's OCC/SP's event.  I'm just so thankful we get to go!  WHAT A BLESSING!!   

4 comments:

Our Journey to Rwanda said...

OH my goodness---I am so thrilled for you. Please tell us all about it! I love you bunches and don't forget any of the details please!!

Brittany Bryant said...

That's super cool! I think anyone who has ever participated in Operation Christmas Child has wanted to be the one to hand out the boxes. That's much better then popping each other with rubber bands in that big factory. I'm so excited for you can't wait to hear about it! Love ya.

Hall Family said...

How exciting! I can only imagine the the expressions on those precious kids' faces when they are handed a box. I bet you will be just as excited as they are!-What an awesome blessing from God!

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. James 1:17

Blessings-Mandy

Chelsea Marie said...

I'm SO jealous, I've always wanted to do that!!!! I miss you guys so much!!!