Sunday, September 21, 2008

In the beginning God created...



I usually try to keep posts like this pretty rare, because I don't want our supporters to think we are lolly-gaging around on their money over here in Africa. But I sent a couple of these picture to my mom on Skype and she insisted I put them on the blog... for her and she promised that everyone would really like to see these. Yesterday we drove to the Ngong Hills (which you can see from our house) to go hiking. We didn't end up going to the top (or the last hump of hill) due to time because we got lost for a little while, but it was a great drive. What a great Sunday afternoon!! As you can see from the pictures there were Kenyans up there just praising the Lord for his beautiful creation. Pictures don't do this place justice. Any of you who come to visit us... this is where we are taking you hiking for sure! Except Dad... we'll figure out some way to get you up there if I have to give you a piggy back! You gotta see this! Next time we go we're going to start early in the morning and make a day of it. We're going to hike every hump, take a picnic, and our bibles. I can't wait. I can only imagine what the top of Kilimanjaro looks like.
To answer someone's question: Yes- we DO go out. But FREE and BEAUTIFUL outings such as this are our favorite!
Enjoy the pictures, Ma promised you would!




this is definitely among my favs. (Chris, Dara, and Jehosaphat)



Jehosaphat is a maasi boy that followed us up every single hill trying to sell us a sucker. We had not shillings, but we admired his persistence so we gave him a little something when we got back to the car. He was such a sweetie! At one point I was huffing it up a hill and he cam right up beside me huffing too. I said politely "Jehosaphat.. i appreciate you trying to make me feel better by gasping for breath along with me- but really it's okay. I know I'm out of shape." He stopped. He climbs those hills twice a day... trying to sell suckers. I think he's do better with waters and sandwiches. So here he in atop one of the hills with his suckers. Great commercial.


In awe... together.
We still can't believe we're in Africa. Maybe next time we say that we'll be saying it about Sudan.

Do we love it here, or what?

my other favorite

Joy on top of the world...

Praising the CREATOR!


13 comments:

Raising the Rollins' said...

Oh, Lindy, I've got chills....especially from the first picture you posted. I love how he took off his shoes...as if he were on holy ground. How could you not sing His praises?

And one more thing...don't apologize for your outings. Who would go all the way to Africa and not explore all of His creation? That is God's gift to you!

Love the pics...now you've got me craving suckers....

Matt Rollins said...

Poly Sana Kaka dude, that is awesome.

The Beaver Bunch said...

Great pics, Linders. Are they copyrighted? I sure hope so b/c if they aren't someone might use them on their blog and then you'd have to get all nasty with them telling them how it is illegal to use your pictures without your consent, and tell them that it is not ONLY illegal but INCREDIBLY rude.

Meanwhile, they are just using something beautiful they found on the internet to prove a point about God's creation. Then, you have to go and ruin their deep thought with your ugliness, all b/c your photos were copyrighted.

Oh wait, that was some mean Aussie lady and MY blog. Nevermind.

Love the pic and love you more.

cathy hudler said...

Oh my goodness...beautiful. My favorite: the one with your hands up praising God beneath His heavens. truly incredible

Anonymous said...

thanks for posting. Know everyone is going to love them as much as I do. How awesome is God??
love to you all!!!

Jessica W said...

Love the pic...I had no idea Africa looked like that! It's beautiful...and when did you become such a photographer! I still can't believe Joy is there with you. I'm so excited for ya'll! He ck out my blog when you get a chance:)

Anonymous said...

Lindy,

Your mom was right. Mom's are always right. The pic's are incredible. It makes me cry just thinking how God has blessed us so with the beauty of his creation. Thanks for sharing it with us. Plus don't ever feel guilty over what God has given you (that is time together just in peaceful surroundings). We all need time like that, and girl, you take it when you can.

Jessica W said...

Thanks BFF!!for the Con GRAT U Lations:) I couldn't wait for you to find out!! I wish you were here to help me figure things out! When will you be home....if it's when I'm thinking, it will be the week I go back to CA:( Anyway keep me updated....ILOVEYOU

Matt Rollins said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Matt Rollins said...

Oops, Poly Sana Sissa. You have a Christian Fat Loss ad on your blog. WTC.

gk said...

Umm.. You're still really cute. Just in case you were wondering.
:)

When we were in Romania we went hiking, and it was crazy beautiful on tp of the mountain. Your pictures just reminded me of that.

Love you!

Jessica W said...

OK, well, you get home the 22nd, and I leave on the 24th early in the morning. I have to see you, only if for 5 minutes. Maybe the 23rd me and jen can drive up to t'vill or something? Let me know your plan. OK....when are we getting married? Huge question. Next spring, may? June? Probably in Wilmington,NC and I'm already stressed out about it. I"m gonna plan it while I'm home:)

Anonymous said...

Oh Lindy... the pics are incredible! As I have told your mom... visiting your blog has become my "bedtime story." You know your pic on top of the mountain made me think... when I get to Heaven and actually see Jesus... will I raise my hands and look up or fall down at His feet? Thanks for sharing your life in Africa with me!