You know in a way I believe it was a bit of a blessing to lose my camera, because I could really enjoy myself with the kids without worrying about blogging it and getting every moment on camera for you guys (no offense). Thankfully though- Keira took hers and took some pictures of the kids getting their clothes.
Today-Just when I thought my heart couldn't possibly be broken/ burdened for these kids anymore...
I learned some very terrible news that one of the girls has been raped (maybe even continues to be??). I don't want to say too much, but I'm just feeling so many different emotions right now. I'm mad that this has been happening, angry that the mother takes no responsibility, frustrated that there is little I can actually do to help the situation improve. But I just KNOW I play a part in this. There is no way I can know about this, and not be responsible. Tafrosa and I are going to do everything in our power to either make this better or get the children OUT! We have been racking our brains today trying to figure out what we could do. If it meant me helping these 3 kids out and being a part of their daily lives- I would say forget the guest house, let's move to Kibera.
Shawna had made the comment at the beginning of the week that "I just don't know if I can handle Kibera 3 days in a row." I stored that away and asked she and Keira again tonight if they wanted to go back. Shawna said "I'm going and that's that." I preach this again, no matter how hard things are to watch, see, or do- it's our responsibility and calling. I felt Jesus reminding me that he would be sitting there among the filth, sewage, stench and dirt with those kids. We can't just not go b/c it's tough to handle. We can't ignore informative videos or news because it upsets us. Keira quoted Lou Giglio to me this morning. There are 3 options- You can go, send someone or be disobedient. Meaning- you can "go" yourself to these places of despair (and yes there are some in America too!), help someone "go", or you are being disobedient to what God has asked you to do.
As we drove to the slums this morning we read the verse "ALL things work for the good of those who love Him and who have been called according to his purpose." (Rom 8:28 And on the way home from a heavy day- we said it again-"ALL things... even the really rotten things..."
3 comments:
Its awesome to see that you girls are answering a call, no matter how depressing it is on your mind. I think the spirit helps make it extra heavy sometimes, so that you may have the compassion it takes to act no matter what the costs. I am praying for you, knowing that you three ladies may be the only Jesus these sad little lives may ever see. The Gospels are always such a good reminder of the compassion He poured out to every man. Love you.
I looked at the pics yesterday but sat and actually READ your post today. Lindy, the Lord will provide for the kids' needs, he already is through you and your friends. As you attempt to wrap your mind around all the things you are seeing and hearing, I will pray that God will give you directions and clarity.
I love and miss you.
I love you. And I miss you. And send me some babies and/or children!
Post a Comment