Saturday, July 26, 2008

No fever=New friends

Chris update:
Last night his fever was 101.  He proceeded to tell me that the thermometer was broken b/c he felt fine, just a bit weak.  This morning he woke up without a fever!  First time in about 48 hours!  So whatever it was we kicked it with motrin, tylenol, and antibiotics.  He's out and about this morning.  He called me very excited b/c he met some college kids from Arizona that live right near us and haven't been past Karen into Nairobi.  They didn't even know we have a movie theatre!  So they are coming for dinner tonight.  They probably live 5 minutes from us and work at an orphanage.  We don't think they've had real american food in while.  So we are excited about cooking a good ol' americano din for them tonight.  Chris is so anxious for me to meet them.  He said they don't have any outside source of encouragement other than a few nationals.  They approached him at a coffee shop in Karen.  They asked him if he was a missionary- and the convo advanced from there.  I'm excited about possibly seeing if they would be interested in going into Kibera with me sometime.  Yay- praise to Lord for new friends in Christ!!

7 comments:

Lindsey Broere said...

Oh yay...it sounds like Chris started feeling better (and decided to refuel with some coffee) just in time! NEW FRIENDS! That is so exciting. I'm interested to hear what you cooked for your buddies in need :-)

Love you guys!

Raising the Rollins' said...

So glad to hear that everyone is well! Tell your friends "hello" from NC. Ya'll should break out the games...then they'd really get to know ya'll! Love ya...been looking 4 ya on skype...

The Beaver Bunch said...

Glad Chris is feeling better and you guys have made new friends. I'm not surprised that you are making friends and connections, your such lovable people.

Jessica W said...

Hey Lindy Mc Linderson,
SO i tried to email you and it keeps sending them back to me. I'm so glad that Chris is better...way to be a GREAT nurse. I'm so proud. So that blog I was telling you about...I started it so check it out! I Love you, give Chris a big hug for me:)

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear you huys are making some new friends!! That's so exciting!! (Just don't let em cook for you... they might be amazing and take MY place!! hehe!!) I love you two... and I can't tell you how much I miss you.It's an unbelieveable amount. As much love as I can send, and even more on top of it.

Paige

Hall Family said...

Praise God! I am so glad Chris' fever broke and he is up-and-about.

I think you guys would be a great source of encouragement to your new friends and vice-versa. I am sure they enjoyed the meal-lol!

Blessings-Hall Family

Vonda said...

Glad that Chris is feeling better! Our email is bbyerly2@northstate.net.
Thanks!
Vonda