Chris has been in bed for 24 hours now with a fever, chills, sore throat. So we are nearing about 2 weeks that we've been sharing the "in sickness" part of our vows. :) I think maybe he has strep, but who knows. I started him on a Z-pak yesterday. At first I was worried about Malaria, but it's too cold here for the mosquitos to be out. He woke up yesterday with a sore throat, but went about his day. Then he came home and went to bed. After Hannah, Jake and I schooled the other Helsby's in kickball, I went to check on Chris. I felt his head and knew he had a fever. It was 102. (In the 8 years we've been together- I don't recall him ever having a fever.) I've been pushing Tylenol/Motrin every 4-6 hours like a good nurse... but despite my efforts he still has a pretty serious fever. In the middle of the night I woke up very hot flinging the covers off of me. I reached over and felt of my man- I haven't felt skin this hot in a while. I woke him up and gave him more motrin. His temp had to be like 104, but he was so not into me taking his temp at 2am. Any way- I say all this to tell you guys to pray for my man. Maybe the enemy is at work b/c he wasn't able to go out to evangelize today in Kibera. I'm bummed that i didn't get to go see the kids either. (While he is in the streets, I go to that "school" to see the kids, take them food and play with them.) But Chris needed me and I'm not comfortable driving or going there alone yet. So you all will have to keep waiting on those pictures and stories until next week.
P.S. still no baby. Becky did play kickball last night in hopes that it would help move things along... but NOTHING yet! (I mean to tell you- she might be the nicest preggie I've ever encountered and has a ton of energy! Pretty sure something is wrong with her.)
6 comments:
We are Praying!! Hope Chris gets well soon.
Blessings-Hall Family
We'll be praying as well. Tell Chris we love him. I'll be checking on Skype to see if you guys are there...maybe Levi can cheer him up. Love you both!
I hate that.... there is nothing worse than being sick away from home. That must be what he feels like since you guys probably still feel a bit out of your element away from the US. We will be praying hard for him to feel better, you can count on that (seriously.... I'm not just saying that). The enemy may do what he can to hold us down, but he can not keep us there.
Praying for some seriously quick healing. We love you guys.
This is in quotation of my mom
"Do motrin/tylenl every two hours, and put him in front of a fan and spray him with cold water. Don't use ice packs or alchol."
-- She says this will help break the fever if he still has it. (You probably already know this stuff Linders... I thought I'd put it anyway)
Now Me: I'm praying for him (and your worry to go away Lindy) I love you two, I won't stop praying.
~Paige
Lindy- Please add our whole family to the list of people who will commit to pray.Thanks friend, I have thought about you and Chris alot this week and the fabulous time we all had together at Fripp not too many years ago. The island is still beautiful, but now I know why you have been in my thoughts so much this week...we will continue to pray for you both. Really. I love you, friend.
Post a Comment