Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Lions and tigers and SNAKES- OH MY!


My serious post is being worked on, but for now...

Yea- so how about I was talking to Thomas (a national friend who works in the yard) the other day.   Were were just joshing around talking about eating termites- things of that nature when I believe he let the cat out of the bag.  I jokingly said "Yea, but do you eat mamba's?"  HE laughed and said "oh no.. they are too poisonous."  Then he said something about one around the house.  I said "oh like last year?"  He said "no... just a few days ago".  "EXCUSE ME!"  He went on to tell me that Noah found them, killed them and threw them in our trash hole in the corner of the yard.  I told him- IF they were dead I'd like to see them so I know what they look like.  But they were set ablaze days ago.  Oh yes- my friends.  Did you notice the word "them"?  That means more than one.  
So that night I wanted to have a little chat with Noah as to WHY he didn't tell me of these matters.  Here is where it gets tender.  As I inquired about the snakes, he told me that he didn't want to tell me because he didn't want me to be scared and go away!  I assured him I wasn't going anywhere no matter what scary animals where in our yard.  God called us here.  Then I asked for an in depth scoop on the snakes.  There we actually 3.  (I wish you could hear him tell this part)  He was sitting in his guard house and a green mamba "just came to visit me here."  One he found on the side of the house.  On a different night he saw Pepper (our cat that came with the house) playing with something.  So he went over and it was a black mamba.  Real cool huh?  Man, I never thought I would EVER say this, but I LOVE THAT CAT!  Pepper is 4 for 4.  That's right he has hunted or killed 4 Mombas now.  I'm so proud of him.  You think Lex can compete?  So that is my snake story.  
THE END




UPDATE:  So the Hall family has been doing some research.  They brought it to my attention that the Black Mamba didn't get it's name from their color, but from the fact that their mouth is an "icky black" color.  I definitely thought this discovery warranted a picture.  (I'm pretty sure the green ones are really green in color though)
Viewer Disgretion is advised.  Pretty sure this will give just about anyone nightmares....










10 comments:

The Beaver Bunch said...

I'm not much of a cat person either, but if I had one that was killing excessively poisonous snakes for me...I think I'd let the little guy in my lap. Don't tick that little kitty off, love him Linders....just let the love flow.

Anonymous said...

From the look on your face, I am guessing that is one dangerous cat you got there! With that many unwelcomed guests, I think I would ask "Mr. Kitty" if he has any friends that would like to have a permanent sleep over. :) Chrissy

Hall Family said...

Lindy, Pepper is SOOOOO cute-lol.
From the back he looks like one of our cats, named Stickers. Stickers also seems to like "playing" with snakes, except Stickers has YET to kill one. I do not know how he keeps from being bit.
Now we have to do a little research on Mambas. The kids really want to know what they look like.-YUCKY! Thanks Lindy!
Blessings-Hall Family
PS-Thanks for your comments!

Hall Family said...

YUCKY!-Okay so they are not really BLACK in color, HUH.
They have that name because their mouth is inky black on the inside.

All I can say to you is--HERE KITTY, KITTY, KITTY!! OH AND-
LOVE PEPPER WITH ALL OF YOUR HEART!!-Mandy

Anonymous said...

hahahahahhaha.... that's amazing!! I'm definitley liking Pepper... even if he's a cat!! Especially since he saved YOU!!!

Love you tons (and Miss ya!!)

The Roberts Eight said...

Oh my! I'm really glad we haven't been to visit yet; our kids love running around in that nice big yard!

Anonymous said...

Lindy Thompson, you had me looking around my feet for snakes while reading that mess. Now I'm going to think we have Black Mambas around the house. However instead of killing the Mambas Yoda would open the door for them.

Anonymous said...

Dont be a wimp, snakes won't hurt you. AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! Oh....whoa... I'm good, it was just a shadow.

Hall Family said...

LOL! The Green ones are actually GREEN! Blessings-Hall Family

The Beaver Bunch said...

Bought Ruth Ann's book today at Shoppes on Main....can't wait to start reading it!