Friday, June 6, 2008

Words of wisdom from the world of little people

Yesterday my college roommate,Jana, drove up from Charlotte to have lunch with me at Monkeez Brew.  As a matter of fact she took a sick day just for this special occasion.  Jana is a Kindergarden teacher (and so cut out for it).  She shared the most precious thing with me and I could not wait to share it with you all.  Sitting in front of me I have 16 papers from her students.  Some with questions, some with comments... ALL with pictures.  They tickle me to death!  Here are a few of their questions and comments:

Do you have a DS  sey or No?  - Shaneem  (He meant a Nintendo DS... like a play station)
(picture: someone playing play station under an apple tree)

Do you have a ape?  -Davon  (I think Jana told me he was trying to write house- but it turned into "ape")
(house, apple trees planes and a mosque)

What will it be lick? I wish I code go too! Rille.  - Skylar  (She drew pictures of a christmas tree and our plane with us in it.  The last word is "really" in case you didn't get that)

Lindy and Chris Thomqson this is angelique holness i hoqe ya'll time.  (those stinkin' p's and q's always got me too.  She left out "have a good") oh- she drew us laying in hammocks... is that what we'll be doing?  :)

"jordan Lindy Chris Thompson Bye hop   e  I love you Jordan
Lhindy
chRis
ThoMPSoN"  (I think it is a picture of a monsoon and the sun- which has our names written in the sun...interesting)

"Alicia Ha Lindy Thompson Chris Thompson?
Do the pepplon (people) chrch (hunt) animals to eat?_____!
Nice to mech you.  My name is Alicia.  Have fun at africa.  What animals will you see wen you get they (there)?____.  Trec (take) gut (good) cer of (care of) them very ren ceffornl (careful)."
(again... we are laying in hammocks)

"Lindy and Chris are you going to see anmles? yes or no
have a grat fry.  (Let's hope he meant fly) I hop yor have a grat stay!  - Indya
(Yellow Skyscrapers)

Lindy Chris I see achrey (a tree).  -Mekhi (Pictures of us, I'm a little heavy set with really long arms)

Lindy Thompson Chris I bit you or the bis frenbs! and I bin on a playn. (... if you don't figure that out you are missing out!)  -Aneem
(Apples tree, sun, and christmas trees)

Chris Lindy Dog!  (Do you have a dog) - Jeffery
(me, chris, Lex, a monkey and a dude with a hockey stick.  oh and the sun with sunglasses- i mean- if I were the sun I'm pretty sure I'd need glasses too)

Lindy Chris Thompson frum AndrewH.  have a grat tim of flowr for Lindy 
(This picture is SO well drawn.  It is Chris and I in the desert, hats on, with an elephant and lion.  (I am holding the flower Chris gave me b/c he was told to)

Do zay have swime Pls? (Do they have swimming pools?)
Do zay have Iscrem? (would I really be going if they were no ice cream?  j/k)
I cat wat wen you telvs wut you sey.  ( I can't wait when you tell us what you say) 
Lindy Chris  -Raven
(sun with glasses, lots of rain and purple snakes- but don't be afraid Chris and I are sailing above the ground in the rainbow sky hanging on to umbrellas)

LiNdy good day LiNdy Chris Thompson and Chris hAve a good time were goig to mis you. (This is an autistic child who asked his friend beside him to help him write something.  HE drew a beautiful rainbow) -Bradley

Lindy and Chris have a good Time! (Rainbow and plane) -Jarod

Lidy Christ  hompson Masrayerar rasrom (I dunno- Im up for suggestions. Anyone good at mad gab?) - Alondia
(looks like an orange skull, but i could be wrong. also a cyclops)

Have a good tim.  Have a rely good tim at africa.  Have a rely good tim Lindy and Chris. 
(Sun, rainbow, plane...hmmm I wonder who was sitting at a table together?)  -Adnan


Hope you enjoyed these half as much as I did!!









4 comments:

The Beaver Bunch said...

Those are so precious! I cracked up when you described yourself as "heavy set." You're so dumb.

Had a great time just hanging out w/ ya'll. Love you much.

Lindsey Broere said...

Oh my GOODNESS...the honesty and innocence of a child...those are the sweetest little things I've ever read! My favorite was the "are there animals there. yes or no."

I know its getting close...you guys have a special place in our prayers. Hopefully we can get together before you guys leave :-)

Lindsey Broere said...

Oh my GOODNESS...the honesty and innocence of a child...those are the sweetest little things I've ever read! My favorite was the "are there animals there. yes or no."

I know its getting close...you guys have a special place in our prayers. Hopefully we can get together before you guys leave :-)

Lindsey Broere said...

Awwhh man...I posted my comment twice...

HA...

Love you guys-