Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Answer to prayers

I have been told multiple times that I need to start updating the blog every other day- especially once we get there.  I promise to do my very best. 
Today I wanted to share an answer to prayers.  About 8 or so months ago we can remember sitting in the basement of a couple's home sharing what God had laid on on hearts about going to Africa.  We talked about how absolutely sure we were that God was pulling us to go soon.  They reciprocated that exact thought, only about foster parenting.  They received their foster parenting license exactly 9 days before we were to leave for Kenya.  Jessica and I both confessed our prayers (unbeknownst to the other) that we were praying Chris and I would get to meet the little one God put in their arms before we leave.  Last night Chris and I got the incredible privilege to hold, pray over, and cry over a beautiful, tiny newborn.  What a perfect family to share God's love to such a tiny guy.  We couldn't be more excited or thankful for the Beaver family.  Please pray for this family as they receive "baby D" into their home and begin their many sleepless nights.  Praise God for people like them who don't mind being uncomfortable, loosing sleep or getting dirty to spread the love of our precious Savior.  

3 comments:

The Beaver Bunch said...

You guys just have no idea how much God used you as confirmation. As I said last night, as Baby D grows, so will your ministry. I'm so excited to see His plans, so excited!

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. ~ Jer 29:11

gk said...

So.. I agree with people. You need to update your blog more often. Or else. I made a blog JUST so I could be your blogging buddy. And if you don't update yours, then I am not even going to update mine. Deal? Deal!!

I love you a whole bunch! <3

Jennifer said...

Hey,
I came across your blog through my cousin robie that has started going to your Church!! Turns out you worked with my sister Renee in the ER!! What a small world it is!! I think it is so awesome that you are moving to Africa and working for the lord:) You will be truly blessed:) Great blog and I will return!! Have a great day and God Bless!!
Jennifer