Monday, March 3, 2008

Baptist Home Baptist Church



This past weekend we traveled to the big town of Wilksboro. We were invited to a 2 day missions emphasis and Baptist Home Baptist Church (I thought it was a typo the first time I read it too). Oh my word, what precious people! They were so kind and good to us. I met so many wonderful people and I thought there was a great turn out! Not only was it encouraging to meet all the people that dropped by our booth, but I met so many wonderful people and got to hear about their ministries. Some with some very inspiring adoption stories!
Hal and Ruthie spoke Saturday night and were a hit; not to mention hilarious. That night they laid hands on us and prayed for us. What blessings we received from that! I continue to be amazed at the precious people God has put in our path that are truly interested in what God is doing through our lives.




Chris and I spoke Sunday morning. Chris definitely has an amazing gift of speaking. (I'm still waiting to receive that gift, but I think my heart is in the right place.) We had the wonderful pleasure of having another missionary there with us; Ms. Joy M. Ward. She, too, was a hit. The church people loved her so, they asked her to stay for lunch. It meant so much to me that my buddy would drive that far on a Sunday morning just to hear us goofballs yak. :) I'm pretty sure she loves me...


We are selling pictures taken on CT's August trip to Kenya and our January trip. They are nicely matted and sealed, they just need a home and a frame! I sold 6 in 2 days! So place your order, b/c they are going quick! (This is yet another attempt at raising money for this ministry. (I don't really want to say "Our ministry" b/c it's YOUR ministry to!)
Each picture is $15. We will be selling them when we speak or whenever you place your order!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am so proud of hers and his! i wouldn't have missed it.

Anonymous said...

again, its joy, once again on my mom's name.