I wish I could say it has been an uneventful first week back here in Kenya. It couldn't be further from the truth.... or could it?
We were welcomed back to our home here with
-a broken washing machine (one of my worst nightmares with a baby in cloth diapers and running a guesthouse)
-a broken solar hot water tank (which we've been told will take a month to fix)
-"special" internet issues (who knew rats enjoy the taste of internet cords?!)
-broken crib
-3 broken lamps
-damaged dry erase board
-4 broken window latches
-damaged fuel filter in our vehicle (which made for some rough riding)
-and worst of all a very broken and pitiful Carolina yard gnome :( (sorry gk)
It's a good thing our joy comes from the Lord, huh? So glad it doesn't come from washing machines, hot water, and mere "things" in our home.
All of these things truly are minor and silly in the scheme of things.
For now, this is how I will wash dirty diapers since I have a skin allergy on my hands to soaps.
-Mark and Su had their baby! Happy and Healthy, cute little Zachari was a leap year baby.
-Zippy is loving culinary school! It's kind of lonely around the house without her though:(
-Frank and Dottie enjoyed their trip and left Monday night.
-I, for one, am LOVING all these delicious fruits and veggies over here. And they are so cheap too. Ezra has enjoyed some more exotic foods as well.
-We are also enjoying this amazing, warm weather.
-Ezra is finally sleeping at night (not through the night, but I don't even care!) He had a rough go of the jet lag, but seems to be getting on a schedule now.
It is such a delight seeing Ezra being so great and happy with all these seemingly "new" people all over again. Little Helen was so happy to see and hold him on Sunday.

As you can see in this picture, he's nearly as big as her!
4 comments:
(this is gk)
PLEASE tell me you can glue the gnome's arm back on!!! He's supposed to come live with me at my apartment when I move there. :(
I was going to take him on adventures and pretend he was Lindy.
baha not really. But DO try to glue his arm back on. MARCH MADNESS IS COMING AND HE NEEDS TO BE PREPARED!
Lindy, my heart leaps at the "sister" you are! I am so greatful for the joy you know in Him though the world would call us crazy for being so after all that was " broken". ( but, oh, can't we just relate to all that is broken - because we are, and He makes us whole!) every bit of your "this and that" encourages and inspires me this day. Blessings!
Haha, Ez IS almost as big as her! He looks so happy:) you have such a wonderful attitude, thanks for being a good example to me, my attitude stinks a lot of the time. So glad to hear you guys are adjusting back, I'm sure that was hard!
Love,
sarah k
Hello Chris, Lindy, and Ezra,
We returbed home with all luggage and no signaficant issues. As usual, this was our best Kenya visit ever.
Sorry about all of the broken things but I am not sure that the gnome is really broken. It appears that in typical Carolina fasion, he just dropped the ball.
Roll Tide!
Post a Comment