Ezra meets Judith
Remember the last post when I mentioned baby Judith? Of course you do. Last Friday I actually got to go to the baby home and meet her. I honestly thought I would find this place, walk in, hand them the frozen milk and leave. I figured a simple "thanks for the milk" would be it. Surely they are really busy people. I couldn't have been more happy to be wrong. I walked in with Ezra in tow and stated "My name is Lindy and I spoke with someone about bringing milk for baby Judith." A white (i think German) woman comes whizzing around the courner to greet me! I have never had a first incountered with someone so happy to meet me. I set the milk on the table as she grabs my hand and runs into a nearby room. She picks up this tiny little baby and bends down to Ezra saying "This is your baby sister. Look at her- she is YOUR sister! You shared with her and now she will get big like you!" This went on and on and finally I grabbed my camera towards the end thinking "This is just too precious not to video".
(This is the end of the conversation- I was too late getting the camera out)
THEN she hands me tiny baby Judith, who is certainly one of THE MOST PRECIOUS things I have EVER held! The woman runs off and leaves me standing there squishing this precious little girl. When she comes back she grabs Ezra and carries him to the next room over as I followed wondering where we were going. When we get there, she sets Ez down and hands me a bottle of warm milk and says "Here, feed your little girl YOUR milk." You can imagine how emotional I am getting at this point still having rather fresh wounds from 2 failed adoptions. But how cool was it that Ezra was able to participate in this as well. What an incredible moment for both he and I. Ezra was AMAZING the whole time. Like he knew she and I were having a moment together. She gobbled the milk down. I was so, so proud of her.
Of course I'm left wishing there were SOME WAY that she could be part of our family. Unfortunatly, it's impossible due to corruption and strict laws because people have chosen to traffic children. Who suffers? Judith, of course.
Ezra is 1 month older than Judith.
For now, I will settle with a thankful heart that she was able to have her preference of mothers milk instead of formula for a short while. There was no legalities or paperwork involved. Just the bond of Christ and the trust between us that fed little Judith untainted milk.
3 comments:
Beautiful in every way.
I love that Ezra helped Judith. I love it so much.
What a sweet reminder that God's plan isn't always what we desire but it's always exactly what we need.
AH! I read & watched this with tears in my eyes! What an amazing experience! So, so, so, so cool. Look at God using you. Unfortunately, it takes an act of Congress to donate your milk in the US!
Post a Comment