Saturday, April 2, 2011

It's almost time!

It's almost time for us to head back to Kenya! 8 days as a matter of fact! I think we're both pretty pumped about getting back to see our boys, the team and getting ready for the 3rd member of Team Thompson to arrive! The Lord has shown us so many ways that we need to improve in our communication and in other areas of ministry. I'm all excited about being a MUCH better helper to Chris and I know that it won't truly show until I act on it back in Kenya. I'm learning and understanding more about the administrative side of things- so I can help out more while I'm home with baby Ezra. I'm just so sorry I've done such a poor job at communicating on the blog, email, and snail mail with all of you. I now realize just how important it is to keep this blog updated and our supporters "in the know". I think I figured not many people read this blog, so why update much? The fact of the matter is- it doesn't matter if just 1 supporter reads this blog; you STILL deserve an update!

Here is what we know:
Thomas calls every few days and he and Chris speak kiswalhili for the first few minutes! I'm so proud of my man! He says everything is going well- ie. chicken farm, boys, and school, and the house. NO major crisis! Yay! The only thing we haven't been able to do is talk to the boys. It's killing us to be honest. If we weren't getting back so late at night on the 11th, I think we would drive straight to Kawangware to see them all. They'll be in the bed anyway. They better be!

And the babe shall be called "Ezra Lewis Thompson"
Ezra meaning "HELPER" and Lewis Means "WARRIOR"
We have already been praying that our little boy grows up to be a helping warrior in the great commission. God has been so good to us in giving us this little guy.

Baby Ezra: Is HUGE! I look like I could give birth ANY DAY now... and yet I have 10 weeks left! (And I'm feeling it) Whew! I'm so ready! Although we have a team coming the beginning of March to the guest house. So I'd like him to come early... just not too early. We get back on Monday, the 11th and we have a doctors appointment on Wednesday and she will probably order our next ultrasound.
Praises: People have blessed and blessed us since we have been home. People are so excited alongside of us for our little miracle boy! Several families have blessed us financially and I have been able to work a nursing job while home. We now have nearly enough to pay for his birth in Kenya (barring no complications)! We are so humbled by the generosity and genuine outpouring from others concerning our family. We've received many hand-me-downs, 2nd hand car seats and other items saving us TONS of money! We are blessed beyond words!
I'm so excited about getting everything ready for his arrival when we get back. His daddy is also rather thrilled about making him a crib.

Prayer Requests:
Zipporah- it has been a rather long recovery for her, but she is doing well. Please pray for her emotionally as they deal with her miscarriage and try again to get pregnant.

Noah and Indiazi will be traveling soon to Uganda to teach hungry pastors for 2 weeks!

Normally I don't request prayer for our travels, (but since I'm almost a Mommy I can ask) and will be 31 weeks along when we travel, I'd love if you lifted Ezra up as we fly back to Kenya on April 10th. Pray against blood clots and pre-term labor please.





3 comments:

Hall Family said...

Love the baby's name! Praying!!

gk said...

I wish I could have seen you more while you've been home. :(

Kara:) said...

i concur with Grace