Some of the boys wearing their new "Saint Boys Futbol" shirts! (Thanks Rusty & Sarah!)
Yesterday was kind of a rainy day and Chris was getting over a sinus thing from Friday so we might have watched 2 movies and played a few video games. ;) They loved every minute of it though. Today Chris woke up with a certain aura that ALWAYS precedes his killer migraines that make him vomit, pass out... all that fun stuff. So thankfully Thomas came and got the boys and took them to their church just down the road. Chris took some medicine and spent most of the day in the bed; poor fella. After church Thomas brought the boys here to eat then I took them all to Embulbul (neighboring town where Thomas lives) to play soccer with some neighborhood boys Thomas knew. They had a blast and by the time they were done Chris was feeling somewhat better. We brought them back, had Bible time, then ate "Pie-Chicken" as the boys were calling it. Yesterday, Chris began talking about Matthew 5 with them. They were going through and talking about the Beatitudes and the Sermon on the Mount. Several of them have already memorized some of the beatitudes we talked about yesterday. Chris was doing a re-cap today from yesterdays lesson and he got to "Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of Heaven." Keep in mind that the boys' english isn't quite as sharp as ours, but they try. Chris said "What is the 8th beatitude? Blessed are those who are _____?" One of the boys shouts out "prostituted!" Wow... not quite.
Other things I didn't anticipate having to say this weekend are:
*"Get off of Wallace; he is NOT for riding."
*"If you don't start lifting the toilet seat you will have to go in the bushes!"
*"Boys, the trash can labeled "FOOD ONLY" is for food only."
*"Easy on the Texas Pete, you'll burn your mouth off!"
The priceless things we've enjoyed so far are:
*Tonight during our prayers, Julius wanted to pray for Ezra and I- he prayed the sweetest prayer (from what I could understand in kiswahili).
*The boys have been keeping their distance from me- i guess they think I need an entire couch to myself or something. Tonight I was on a 3 seater couch and half of them were standing on the other side of the room just looking around. I said "Ezra is a boy- therefore there is a boy already sitting on this couch so stop being so afraid of me, just because I'm a girl." I ended up on the couch with 4 boys surrounding me and leaning on me. (There are only 8 here!) :)
*They all gave me hugs after dinner for their "Pie-Chicken".
*They got to talk to Rusty and Sarah tonight and they told them how much they missed them.
Thomas told us that his church is having a 3 day bible study for young people from Tuesday to Thursday- 8am to 4pm and it includes lunch. So we decided the boys could really benefit from that this week. Monday they will work odd jobs around the house then go swimming. Tuesday through Thursday they will go to this 3-day Bible study. This will also give Chris and I chance to go to the hospital and get paperwork done for "labor day", get our ultrasound, and get other ministry things done during the day. Everybody wins and we are SO excited for this opportunity for the boys!
We know this is such a God-Send because we decided to close the school for the week since they go to school every single day without breaks. Mama, Deo, and Issa need a break! We also knew that 'idle hands are the devils workshop' so we weren't sure what to do with them since we also had many things we needed to get done. I'm already praying for the ones in the group who are new believers to get clarity through this study and for the ones that aren't yet sure, that this may help them to understand more. We would love you to pray along with us!
No comments:
Post a Comment