Sunday, December 26, 2010

A Very Merry Christmas Indeed...




Christmas Eve Chris and I delivered "Gift Basins" all day. They were filled with a 1.8kg chicken from Ebenezer Farm, cooking oil, sugar, tea, tea biscuits, cooking seasoning, washing powder, scrub brush, flour, and individual presents. We delivered them to each of our valuable ministry partners. They were all so appreciative and loved their gifts. Our plan was to get a picture of each family together, only the camera we took had a dead battery. Unfortunately it was the pregnant woman's brain who failed that day.

We had an amazing Christmas! We went ice skating, read the Christmas story, and fed 25 people- 20 of those people were children! It was so fun watching the boys interact with the Helsby and the Miller kids.

The boys LOVED ice skating. Can you believe we stumbled upon an ice rink in Kenya? Weird, I know. Thanks to some Indians who had this fantastic idea-we had a blast Christmas day. The boys wanted to go back the next day. Despite the falls and the 8 heart attacks I almost had, they were pretty good and without serious injury. I can't tell you how many times they fell and yet they all got up so fast that I couldn't manage to take their pictures while they were down. Thuku went dashing onto the ice (much like he did to the deep end of the pool and almost drowned) and bashed his head on the ice. The boys came skating over haphazardly saying "Thuku is hurt". I looked and saw him holding his head..."whew, he is conscious." Due to his dark skin I couldn't tell if we was bleeding so I looked at the ice... "whew, no blood yet". I skated out there to find him with a HUGE KNOT on his forehead. I told him to put pressure on it so it wouldn't get any bigger while he sat for a few minutes. I pontificated if I should get him some ice for it. Just then he stood up and said "I'm ready to try again." Oh mercy.

Christmas Night we opened presents with the boys and we KNEW what would be their favorite gift... a photo album for each of them with pictures of them together and individualy. We had all of the interns they got to know this year along with friends and family of ours that they had come to love. They couldn't put them down in order to look at their other things. (GREAT idea CT!!)


Masai had just gotten up after he crashed into the wall.

James with his helper penguin. Just let the penguin do all the work.

This is Musa with Lauren. He is from TZ heading to the US for the first time with the Helsby's.

Chingi was really good actually... he might just be pretending here.

Chris and I both had our share of picking James and Dan up off the ice.
Dan getting the hang of it.

Our parodical son, David. He's back and doing better than ever. We are SO proud of him. He has been very attached to Chris and I since he came back. He wanted to stop and pose for a picture.


and again... Dan getting up



Chingi reading to one of the Miller kids.

Not all the kids but many of them!


NYAMA CHOMA! (Grilled meat) Yummy chicken courtesy of Ebenezer Farms.

These guys were bushed after playing so hard with so many kids.

New Chupis!






Oops! I accidently bought James 2 left feet! Good job once again preggy brain...




They also loved their sunglasses...

James thought Wallace would love to share his sunglasses
They kept pointing to every picture trying to get our attention to tell us the name of each person in them. As if we hadn't already seen the pictures.




Here is our Christmas tree that the boys decorated. A bit hard to see, but we thought it was the best Christmas tree ever!
There you have it- An Amazing Christmas with Amazing people!

5 comments:

The Beaver Bunch said...

Love it. Especially the part about Christmas.

Unknown said...

Now that is what real Christmas looks like - lots of love being with those you love celebrating the greatest gift of love ever given to us.
Ma

Sally said...

What a great Christmas!!!!
Thanks for sharing it with us.

gk said...

LOVE the picture of James and Wallace wearing glasses. Cracked me up! :)

I wish I could have seen them ice skating. I bet that was HYSTERICAL!!

Sara said...

Looks like a beautiful Christmas. So glad you could have so many that you love close by. Miss you.