Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Someone better than Santa is coming to town...

Did we tell you?

Guess who's coming for Christmas??



That's right- THE HELSBY'S!!! When we went to TZ back in August I picked Becky's brain to death about kids and discipline and.. well the whole 9. Her kids are just.. well... wonderful. Frankly, we're crazy about them, but then you already know that. Now, they're coming back and we are REALLY and TRULY having a baby and I can even put a tangible date on it! So, there will be coffee had between Beck and I and I will learn more about how to raise our tiny Thompson- from an expert. :)
They are coming tomorrow, the 22nd to spend Christmas with us. Then a few days later they are going back to the US for furlough!

It will be Katie's First trip ever to America at 2.5yrs.
It will be like having REAL family around for the holidays. The boys will also stay with us Christmas along with another visiting missionary family from Tanzania- The Millers. I am working now on the boys stocking and we have a SPECIAL surprise for them and the Helsby kids on Christmas day. We are VERY much EXCITED!

Carter, their 10 year old, recently was bitten by a centipede. His foot swelled up so much and Becky was really worried b/c one of the side effects is something called "compartment syndrome". She called her Father, a pediatrician, and he seemed very worried. Compartment syndrome could cause him to loose his foot! They prayed and prayed and thankfully the swelling in Carter's foot has gone down. God is good and I believe that He honors the prayers of his faithful servants.



In other news:
I don't know WHY I thought I had posted this, but I haven't!! I sent out emails to those who know this family and forgot to share it with the rest of the world!
CONGRATS MESHACK AND BEATRICE on the birth of their BEAUTIFUL BABY GIRL!!

This is the only picture I could find. I'll look for more and try and post later. :) She's too cute not to show you ALL the pics of her. GORGEOUS baby!!

4 comments:

The Beaver Bunch said...

This is me, being jealous.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

Love you. All of you.

gk said...

I'm s jealous. I miss the Helsbys. :(

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO THE THOMPSON TRIO!!

Becky said...

It was awesome being with our Nairobi family (have you had the baby yet) and sharing time with your boys with you (how about now?!) and getting in shape again :) even though I've gained 20 pounds in America already :). I LOVE YOU!! We all love you three Thompsons!!!!

Sarah Knight said...

Wow! You had a PACKED Christmas and I'm sure you wouldn't have had it any other way! I love all the pics of the ice skating adventure... an ice rink? gosh, there's everything in Nairobi isn't there!!!??? Haha, Merry Christmas!!!