Thursday, October 7, 2010

Events of the week: (if you care)...

Friday/Saturday/Sunday- The boys spent the weekend with us. Need I say more. I think it was THE MOST hysterical weekend yet. I don't even know where to start.

Monday- Brooke and I hosted the women of my bible study here at the house. We baked/cooked all day. It was delicious and fun! I think everyone favorite thing was not the cinnamon rolls, cheese sticks, scones, cinnamon crisps, or the corn cakes. It was... the carrot sticks and homemade dip! Seriously yum.

Tuesday-
~Slaughtered chickens.
~Chris as started taking one of our boys every week to get "Dude/Dad time". Just one on one. This week he took Johnny- they really had a good time. Johnny lost his Father in a bad accident a few years back and he just adores Chris. I think it was a very special time for him that he had been looking forward to.
~Justin arrived and it was Christmas for the Thompsons apparently. Some friends might have remembered our b-days and over did it sent us a few of our favorite things. If we ration them correctly, we might just have enough peanut M&M's to last us till Christmas (but I'm pretty sure I've blown it already). We shall eat them wearing rain coats whilst burning our new candle and reading about healing foods and cotten-eyed Joe.

Wednesday-
~What didn't we do. CT had to shop and do some running around for their trip Thursday.
~Slaughtered chickens
~Delivered Chickens
~Game of soccer with the boys
~Home to cook for 15! CT and I are now hosting a home group from our church every Wednesday night.

Thursday-
~CT, Glenn, Noah, and Indiazi traveled to Kakamega to do a leadership conference for pastors and build the 3rd EBENEZER CHICKEN FARM! (Can you tell i'm excited?)
~BP and I took food to the boys and did a little craft time. Jaba tha hut (our dog) rode with us to say hello. They like LOVE Jaba. Then we went to visit my ZIPPY!! Poor Zipporah has been out a week and a half with Chicken Pox, Typhoid, and an Ameba! Yikes. She looked really good today. She's been dying to come back to work. I told her to finish her medicines and maybe she can come back to work Monday. She's still pretty tired and I'm sure she will be with Typhoid.

So, there you have it. All this weeks events. See why I haven't blogged?

It gets crazier next week i feel like:
Sunday- CT's back with the gang in NBO.
Monday- Brooke and Glenn leave. CT and I have to go downtown to obtain some legal documents for our residency.
Tuesday- deliver food. New guest arrive. Oh- and it's CT's Bday!! Bday hugs, now go finish your work.
Wednesday- Home group and administration day (AKA: play catch up on the books and office work. Should take ALL day.)
Thursday- CT packs his bags for another weekend away for PUREWAYS youth event up country. I'm on my own again.
Sunday- CT return. I drive get a cab to Arusha, Tanzania for medical outreach until October 25th.

Busy is good:
"If a man is lazy, the rafters sag; if his hands are idle the house leaks." Ecc 10:18.

We certainly don't want saggy rafters or a leaky house.

5 comments:

gk said...

Oh, where did you come from, where did you goo, where did you come from, Cotton-Eyed Joe... Oh wait. He came from me. :)

AND WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME YOU'RE DOING MEDICAL STUFF IN TANZANIA? AND THAT CT IS TAKING THE BOYS OFF ONE-ON-ONE? AND THAT POOR ZIPPY IS SICK??

Obviously you don't talk to me enough. I should start scheduling you into my routine everyday.

MISS YOU!

The Beaver Bunch said...

Hilariousness.

So glad y'all have so much going on! Man, I MISS YOU GUYS.

Anonymous said...

What type of medical outreach? Is that something Butch and I can help with when we come? I have taken a typhoid vaccine, but do you think Butch needs one? Wow you guys have a busy schedule! Hope Chris has a great birthday. We will be bringing surprises to you both when we come! Love, Jenny

Sarah K said...

I care! Wow, that's a lot of stuff going on with you guys:) Hope your head isn't spinning too bad!

Have a great time in TZ!

Matt Rollins said...

you actually found the term "saggy rafters" in the old testament? what translation are you reading? hilarious. i can't help but picture some middle eastern looking fella sitting in his little block hut, with saggy rafters drooping and drooling all over his sunday paper. classic