Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Just a "taste"...

As you know from the previous post, it was our turn to have the boys this weekend. We had costody of them from the streets of the slums.
It was...
amazing
stupendous
fun
hilarious
taxing
dirty
and VERY tiring...

Zippy recently borrowed a book from us that looked entirely too complicated for me to read. I asked her how she was liking it and what it was about. She told me that she had just read about how we way over use the word "love". I've been thinking about that for a while and have made a pitiful effort at correcting that. I say that I "love food" or I "love a shirt". It really kills the whole meaning of "love". So... this is it. I hope to be a changed woman.
So one last time; you know just to get it out of my system.
You know what I love? I love:
Njenga's huge "thank you" bear hug for the spaghetti. Getting red sauce stained on the front of my shirt.

hearing the boys singing songs in the office with Chris

hanging laundry outside and watching Chris play frizbee with them

watching Thomas and Noah lead devotions with them at night.

...watching the tiniest boys struggle to keep there little eyes open during the devotion

sleepy eyed James coming in the kitchen with his "good morning smile" curious about what smells so good.

watching them skype for the first time

seeing them run down a massive hill at Ngong hills with smiles almost as big as the hill itself (though my heart was in my throat b/c I thought someone was going to break something important)

I really LOVE every single one of these boys- i speak for CT also.

Below is just a TASTE of our weekend. (Before I got the camera out they weren't hamming up the song quite as much)





Hakuna mungu koma wewe from Thomas Thompson on Vimeo.


They also helped us slaughter chickens, but I didn't figure some of you would like to see the video from that. If you aren't squeamish maybe I'll put it on the adoption blog just for fun. There's no actual slaughtering on the video, just Ct cleaning one and the boys cooking intestines. Zippy said "African boys really like chicken intestines". --um, yuck. They were so excited about those intestines, feet, and even the head.

Thuku and Masai

Cooking the goodness!

Cheng and his chicken foot. Delicious?

Snuggle buddies. You'd never know they weren't actual brothers.
David LOVES Carolina... and Ms. Jenny for the blanket! There is a lot of love in that blanket, my friend!


CT giving them a chicken lesson
i just think he is the CUTEST thing!
yea- you are so tough Chengi

Hot diggity Dogs. Yum! Yea- so I thought they would eat like 2 b/c they were so big and we had french fries, cookies, and soda. NOPE- try 4!!! Praise the Lord I went out that day to get extra "just in case".

2 comments:

cathy hudler said...

Hey Friends! Thank you so much for letting us see them in action. What a blessing to hear them sing and watch them dance with such joy. It is because of you they were singing that night and not out on the street half conscience. God Bless you for your obedience. We are sending much love your way!!

Anonymous said...

This was amaazing to see!!! The Boys make me smile immensely without even having met them!!! I LOVE (and mean it) watching and hearing them with you guys. I still pray and hope to meet them someday. I love you all and I am praying for you and all you're doing!!