I love going to the orphanage…it is one of my favorite things to do while we are here. However, the first couple of times that we went I was always so excited to get there but I always felt angry when I left. I could not understand how a mother would leave her baby somewhere, whether it be at the gate of New Life Homes or in the trash somewhere. I also did not understand how God could allow these children to be left without parents. When we travelled to Amboseli for our safari, Grace and I talked about this a little bit and we just talked about how we felt like we couldn’t see God in places like this…or on the streets in the slums, etc. When we finished talking I told her that maybe since we had talked about it we would begin to see God in the places where we couldn’t see Him before.
The next time I went to New Life Homes we helped feed the babies and then they went down for their nap but we still had some time to spend there so we went up to play with the toddlers. There were a lot of people in the room so we did not stay long but while we were there the mamas got out bubbles to blow in the room for the kids. All of them laughed and giggled yelling “bubbles, bubbles.” When I left the orphanage that day I was not angry but happy…because I realized that God was there watching over those children and that they were happy where they were.
No comments:
Post a Comment