There are three anxious and excited young adults readying themselves to pour out their all for 9+ weeks in Africa. Each of them going with varying personal convictions, but one overriding purpose: Glorifying their God. Through spending time sweating in chicken houses, playing with Street Boys, walking paths in the slums to serve children physical food and spiritual food, they will empty themselves only to be filled by something more. Something lasting. Something like Christ.
This morning we heard that there are only three responses to the mandate of taking the gospel around the world: We go, we send, or we disobey.
Thank you Father God for being sovereign over all life.
Thank you Son of God for saving us for your good pleasure and this great work.
Thank you Holy Spirit for giving us everything we need to accomplish this.
5 comments:
What a wonderful example you guys are of the sermon we heard this morning! Right now I am a sender--a check to Outreach Christian Fellowship is ready to be mailed tomorrow. But I have in times past been a goer, and I know the fears and doubts that sometimes creep in. When this happens, remember that "greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world." Blessings and prayers to you from the Nances--David & Karlyn
Though I am tearful at your leaving, I'm excited to see what God will do w/ OS Ministries over the coming year.
We love you guys more than words could express.
Miss you guys already~but will continue praying for you both!
The Lord has and will use you in extraordinary ways. My prayers are with you as you so beautifully present Christ in actions and words. Love to you from the Johnsons
We entrust you in Our Father's hands, continue to pray for God's provision for you in all ways, can't wait to see you again IN Nairobi.
With Love, Sally
Post a Comment