Friday, April 9, 2010

The Beautiful Mess...; The Church

We don't love The Church like Christ.

Some of us barely even "like" The Church. We may like our church, but don't even understand that The Church is more important than our understanding of it. We quickly point out it's faults. We identify the areas we don't "prefer". And we certainly aren't willing to suffer, sacrifice, or serve it. Oh no! That's because we think the church is there to suffer, serve, and sacrifice for us. I cannot stop thinking about what Christ thinks of this attitude. Would He even call us His Church?

The following video is one I encourage you to watch. If you don't have time to view the whole thing, then fast forward to about 58:10 and watch the next 15 minutes. Afterwards, I urge,... no I beg each of you; examine your love for your church and The Church. I don't care what denomination you belong to, where your church is, what challenges it is facing. If we don't hurt when The Church hurts, then what motivates us to even care about ever helping it? We won't.

No comments: