What did you do today to make a difference for the Kingdom?
This question was asked at the close of the service this past Sunday at our home church. It originated in the wife of our pastor as she was leading a small group of senior high students during a Sunday evening fellowship at their house. It should be a question we all ask.
Therefore, I would like to ask you to answer this. Each of you who take the time to visit our frail blog read the various articles, videos, and other ramblings; but would you take the time and share some of the ways you, your family, your church made a difference... today? Consider this an opportunity to encourage the body of Christ. Consider this one of those moments where you can build the bride of Christ up to look so beautiful in the eyes of those around you.
Here's how I invite you to do this:
Send me an email with the subject line "a difference" and then write your story of giving God glory through action. If you have something brief, then comment on this blog with your experience. Next week I will share those here with you all as a follow-up (for those of you willing to allow me to post your stories). email: onlyservantsministries@gmail.com
If you realize that maybe you've not done anything particularly God-honoring then I invite you: Give God the opportunity to use the deposit He has planted in you to make Himself look glorious to this world RIGHT NOW. Get off the computer. Go. Be Jesus to someone, somewhere, somehow.
1 comment:
I irritate the snot out of people with links to articles on poverty and encouragement to step up and "defend the fatherless", and look after the least of these. Sometimes I feel bad constantly pestering people but this past weekend - 3 kids were sponsored through Compassion International because of it! That's 3 kids who will hear about God's saving grace, will have medicine when they need it, and will have food when they need it. As I tell people, it's not me, it's God. It's just my job to plant the seeds, even if it means I drive my Facebook friends crazy while I'm at it!
Post a Comment