This leads me into the reason I am writing this for you to read. The second reason we are here is to fulfill our obligation to our partners in Kenya. We made a commitment to them that we would be their ambassadors and speak where they cannot. Should credit ever be offered toward the service done unto the Kingdom of God in Kenya, then it should fall on them above any others. My job, responsibility, and labor is to stand where they cannot. I speak where they cannot. I advocate for them where they cannot. This is a position that I take very seriously.
We have some months left here in a still fertile land. Lindy and I have already shared with friends in Roanoke, VA this past weekend. We want to fill up dates that allow us to open our mouths and represent our brothers and sisters who are laboring right now in Kenya! "Missions exists because worship of the true God does not" (John Piper). There is much to be done still around the world. I want to continue to remind others of this fact.
If you are reading this and think, "Our church should hear and get involved", or if you have a group of friends or a Bible study that needs to rise to the occasion of missions, then email me. Email us and work with us as the team member you are invited to be. This is where you too can have a significant impact on making God look glorious around the world.
We need to tell the stories. Through the stories and images, others may rise and say, "I want to be a part of mission work around the world." That is a beautiful thing! Help us find those that are simply waiting to be compelled out of their seats. Talk to your church leaders. Talk to your friends. Help us grow this ministry. Meshack, Indiazi, Vitalis, Beatrice, Noah, Deo, John, Zipporah, Mama Alice, and my very good friend Thomas are all there holding up their end. There are 11 boys who live in the streets depending on us. There are slum children needing food. There are people who do not know Jesus and they are waiting on us to tell them. Now it's my turn to do what I do best: talk!
"For we cannot help speaking about what we have seen and heard." - Acts 4:20
When you see God move and reach a people where His name is not even known,... you won't be able to stop speaking either.
There are 11 Sunday mornings open for someone, some church, some group to hear.
email us: chrisandlindyt@gmail.com
No comments:
Post a Comment