We recently had a team of 11 here through New Directions International (NDI). Though only passing through for a few days- we had a great opportunity to share stories with new friends and tell our story of how we came here. After hearing of our story, the street boys, and Paul/Sylvia/Brian's story- two of the youngest girls on the trip were very moved with compassion towards our friends. The next morning when I awoke there were cards laid across the table. The 2 youngest girls leaving a gift! This is enough for me to help with almost every need I mentioned in this earlier post. Then I received a message from a friend from the last team whose children were moved by her stories. They may be considering taking on the school fees for my 4 kids at Berith! This means- there is a possibility that I could take that money and help get Mama Sylvia into a new place in Kibera! You see- God is so faithful!
I don't tell you any of this out of pride or for you to say "They are such givers," because it's not us that is doing the giving. It's you all! We're just the ones that see the needs and confronted by it. We simply go to the Lord to lead us.
There are still countless other needs where you can be involved as these servants have been.
2 comments:
How Awesome! God is so good!
I am always moved by your blogs--and I hear your faith growing in your words. But it is the pictures, the faces of Kenya's people that capture me. And to know that our youth are going to see those faces and scenes excites me today. As we put them on the plane this morning I was sure--they will never be the same!!! Love you guys!
( And I LOVE this picture of Lindy, baby in tow, walking the railroad tracks!!!)
Post a Comment