Thursday, April 16, 2009

While the boys were away...









...the girls went to play!  
You heard right.  They boys have been working their pa-toots off traveling around and doing so many different ministry things.  Shauna and I got the chance of a lifetime to do something fun.  Did we go for it?  You bet.  It was too good of a deal to pass up.  For about $10-$12 you can take a "red eye" bus ride to the beach- Mombasa.  Then if you get enough people together- you can split the cost of the bung-a-low.  (In other words- if you are cool sleeping 3 people to 2 twin beds).   It didn't matter about the sleeping situation.  We played so hard during the day we were exhausted by night. Then we slept so hard and got up by 6:30 every morning to go running.  By going DOWN (in altitude) to Mombasa it was much much easier to run on the beach as opposed to where Sara and I had been running- the trails around the house.  Since it was safer running with someone- Shauna and I decided to be smart.  Though together we each had our own moments with the Lord just delighting in Him and in His creation.  I will never stop loving the beach.  It might be old news to someone like CT who grew up there, but I love the feeling of knowing just how small I am.  The ocean always does that to me.  It humbles me to look out over the ocean (this time the Indian Ocean) and know that God doesn't need me or anything that I have- But he wants me.  And I have been given the opportunity of life to use for Him.  To glorify Him in everything!  That was probably the most special times- getting up early to spend time out on the beach running and singing praise songs.  I had just recently received an encouraging email from my BF and she mentioned in there to sing like no one is listening- so I knew I really needed to do that.  So as I ran, I sang... loud.  Only, Shauna could hear me... over her music.  It was fantastic though.

Here are a few pictures of our trip.  Cheap trip, but action packed fun!


These Kenyans were NOT messing around playing volleyball. They were SO good! It was worth every bruise though.  I LOVE some beach volleyball. 
















Now, you KNOW we are going to find some kids any where we go.  Isn't he gorgeous?  We had to get them some ice cream.  But this little guy wanted to save his and share it with his mommy.  So it was milk by the time he got back.  :)




Who can say they've kissed a camel?



Feet kicked up overlooking the ocean. Yes that is Walt's raft (any Lost fans?) and a camel in the back ground.

4 comments:

Hall Family said...

Great Pics, Sounds like a great time was had by you two girls!

Lindsey Broere said...

Nice...
Lets PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE run when you get into town...PLEASE...it would be the best run EVER!

Anonymous said...

This is so much fun!!! It amazes me how much alike we are Linders. I did the exact same things when I went to the beach with the jazz band (minus the camel rides and kissing.... I did meet a pelican and touched him!) I'm so glad you're home. Hugging you yesterday made me happy. I missed it. I love you dear. Lets go running together while your here. I love you so very much!!

~Paige

Joy said...

um--i think you should sent that last photo into Chaco. seriously.