Sunday, March 1, 2009

Siku ku (A great day)...



and Shaggy cried...
(Shaggy is Thomas' dog that happens to live with us)

 
Friday, Zippy and I wasted no time.  We began getting ready for Saturday by cutting up 10 chickens for our Big Pastor Pomoja ([Get] together) . (Kinda catchy, huh?)  EVERYONE who is part of the ministry team in anyway- be it the slums or Livingstone- came out for a great time and great food!  

Really, I cut the legs and wings off and handed it to Zipporah to do the rest.  
Let the games begin!


Both Thomas's doing the grilling.

The kids playing on the front porch.

I know I'm a bit partial to these boys (and Sylvia too)- so i took a lot of pictures of them.   I just stand back so often watching these 2 boys (especially the boys b/c they were so, so sick).  I'm very much in awe of how God brought us to these boys and this family.  It is a miracle to watch them grow, eat, play and learn when they could hardly walk when we first met.  After talking with Tafrosa this week- we both found it tough to think they might not be alive right now.  Thank the Lord for his love and protection over them.  He must have some very special plans for their futures.   
Absolutely irresistible!



This guy had a cup cake in the right hand and a cookie in the left.  

These guys had a blast!  Busy day for them- riding a matatu, eating lots of yummy food, watching TV, swinging, playing, and of course having desserts!  
From the yard to the porch to the living room...

   ... now to the TV





Pastor wanted me to take his picture whilst EATING the kuku.  
"nom, nom, nom"

It was very cool having Kibera, Kawangware, and Livingstone staff all together in one place. This was the first time Zippy had met any of them.  Paul took to her rather quickly.  Noah's wife Lucy is at her side with Baldwin- the fattest baby I've ever seen.  So cute! 
Monica and Lucy chowing down

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks so fun Linders!! Can't wait to come, I really can't. I wrote a paper on Darfur I want you to read. I thought of you the whole time I was writing it and about how were going there one day. I'll email it to you if you want. Love you linders... A WHOLE lot.

*thinking of you*

~Paige

Lindsey Broere said...

Awh, fun! Cupcake in one hand, cookie in the other...PRICELESS! He'd get along great with Layla...

How'd them beans turn out :-)

The Beaver Bunch said...

Looks like a great time! I cracked up that the kids were playing with a Wal-mart truck?

Have they seen the Lion King? Bet they'd love it since it has so much Swahili..Kshahili..African talk in it.

Love and MISS you.

Special K said...

And to see what I will be missing this summer. Man, I REALLY miss you guys a TON! I can't wait until I get to come there to be with you guys! Love you TONS!

Anonymous said...

Love the new look on the blog. Your latest update made me want to catch the flight and come visit!

Just wanted to let you know the Parkway Wesleyan Church family continues to pray for you. May God bless you richly in all your ministry.

Greg and Jena

Keira Grace said...

I love the pictures!! Brian and Paul look SO big and healthy, it makes my heart happy :) I miss you and LOVE you guys!!

Joy said...

hey, the new look is great. you're so 'with it' when it comes to blog stuff.
this looks like SO much fun!!!!! i love the picture of all the chairs around the trees....so cool. and the grill looks like a lot of fun!! i know chris is happy. men love their grills.
sure do miss pullin' the guts out a of chicken, esp. the gizzard.