Thursday, February 19, 2009

Random Updates




  • 48 more people completed their discipleship material and received their bibles this past Saturday at the celebration ceremony in Kibera. 
  • 32 received Bibles & Certificates during our Kawangware "Celebration Service" back in January.
  • Isaac is back and committed to being schooled by a real teacher one on one Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday.  I don't mind paying for this one bit- It takes a load off of me and I don't have to be so worked up any more
  • The drip irrigation system is now up and running in the garden.  Thanks Thomas and NDI!




  • Shauna and Rich got engaged and will get married this summer in Arizona before returning in August (God Willing)



  • Ruthie is here!!  She, her grandson Ben (who is a former resident of Kenya also), and some of their long time supporters flew in this past Sunday.  



  • We recently had a change in house help.  Thomas' wife was conveniently looking for a job just as I had decided to hire someone part time.  We are so happy to have such a hard worker and she is a GREAT help!    



  • For Valentines Day we took Livingstone house staff and their families out to Shalom House to eat a good ol' Kenyan meal.  We had a blast together.  It just so happened Noah's wife was in from Kakamega. 



  • Look, we ALL fit in the new van!  Have I mentioned we LOVE the new van.  Thank you to our amazing supporters!



  • Chris got a funny looking rash last night that was the weirdest thing I've ever seen.  Apparently he is allergic to moldy Slim Jims. Who knew!  He was better after 50mg Benadryl and a baking soda bath.  (Unfortunately he was unwilling to pose with his rash for a photo)

3 comments:

Matt Rollins said...

THAT IS SO WIERD!! I am really allergic to rotten dehydrated meat as well. I also learned that I can't injest the following due to my "allergies":

poison ivy
battery acid
any kind of paint (especially red)
the creek water at Winding Creek

Allergies are very inconvienant indeed....

The Beaver Bunch said...

Congrats Shauna! And, HOLY CRAP WE MISSED Y'ALL THIS WEEK!

Seriously, the whole time (ok, not really the WHOLE time) I thought of y'all and how much fun we would have had with you. And, I kept thanking God for providing us a week of relaxation via your fundraiser.

Can't wait to see you all in a few months!

Joy said...

OMG!!!! I'm gonna need some more detail and pictures about this engagement!!! I just got so excited. SO happy you for you Shauna and Rich!!! I'm due to send you an email and catch up, so hopefully i'll get the lowdown on your life:)
ps--i just really excited about the drip irrigation and new van. you guys, that's a pretty big deal. how's driving the van? does noah drive the van?? just wondering...:)