Thursday, January 1, 2009

Internet

Hey guys-
back at the coffee shop downloading emails.  We just went to try and figure out what the deal is with our internet.  In a nutshell- we were had.  Safaricom made some money off of us.  So we are currently in the market for a new internet provider.  Be patient with our email responses.  We have to write them at home and then find a place with internet to send them.  
Thanks for your precious prayers and sweet comments on the last blog.  
You know how we love them!  

Baptist Home Baptist Church is tearing up the slum streets.  Yesterday they all went out in the streets of Kibera in different directions with interpreters  to evangelize.  107 people made decisions to follow Christ!!  Wahoo!  They are back at it today.  I had 100 things to do such as go grocery shopping, cook, make detergent, and unpack.  So I didn't get to go with them.  Chris said the kids were telling him how much they missed us and asked where i was!  Melt my heart!  I'm going to see them after lunch for a bit.  

For those of you who are new to the blog, missed "Our presence to you", or just didn't watch it to the end (shame on you)- Chris and I are expanding our family.  Excuse me- God is expanding our family through the adoption  of 2 kenyan babies.  Feel free to follow our new blog once we have internet.  Since the adoption is a "hurry up and wait" process- i will be posting info/stories unrelated to the ministry or adoption at times.  That way I'm not overstepped any bounds by posting things on here that are not ministry related.  OK- great.   

Thanks for your patience guys-

3 comments:

The Beaver Bunch said...

Oh girl! All I've thought about lately is you and your babies! I know we are hurrying up and waiting but I'm so ready for some new news!

Love, love, love you!

Joy said...

hey buddy, been thinkin and prayin for you guys since the 29th. SO glad you had a great flight(s):) finally. we don't have internet right now since we are in the new house....crazy story, will email. if you need someone to help 'mix' the detergent withOUT spilling it over the kitchen floor, please send me a ticket. miss me when you pull apart chicken and feel your triceps burn while rollin out tortillas. miss you heaps, love you more.

Jessica W said...

Hey Lindy,
Watching ya'lls video made me a little misty eyed...It was just so good to hear your voices:) I think back to the first time I met you and went to your house to meet Chris and this part of your lives was a long time coming. It definitely suits you both. I can't wait to see my 2 nieces or nephews in the coming year! I love you and miss you tons!