Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Home...

We're home!!  We had the most eventless trip to Kenya this year!!  No (serious) delays that kept us from making our connecting flights.  Just a frosted plane in Amsterdam.  But Chris said they had a really cool machine to defrost the plane.  I was too busy trying to catch some sleep BEFORE the plane took off- seeing as I can't sleep during the flight,,,, ever.  Want something to make you laugh?  Of course you do!  My boarding pass and passport almost fell out of my pocket and into the commode.  On the flight to Nairobi- I needed to wake up my Kenyan friend I met who was sitting in an isle seat.  I tried to let him sleep as long as I could, but eventually I HAD to get out. So I unbuckled myself amd stood up, bumping his arm on purpose.  Still asleep, I proceeded to shake him a bit on the shoulder.  Still nothing.  Being a bit rusty of my nursing skills, I presume he could be dead.  So naturally, I shake him vigorously as though the plane is crashing.  Startled, his big brown eyes open with a terrified expression on his face.  Did I mention he had ear phones on?  Poor man. He didn't even know what I was trying to tell him.  Note to self: do not ever assume someone is dead that quickly.  At least check to see if they are breathing before shaking them that hard- (nursing 101)

Thank you again to all you precious people who poured and poured and poured out your hospitality to us the whole time we were home.  Though, it's so wonderful to be back "home"- we still miss the mess out of all of you.  We love, love, love you so much.  We're going to get to bed so that we can hit the ground running tomorrow!  We are excited to get our hands dirty with the group here from Baptist Home Baptist Church.  Pray our bodies adjust quickly to the time change so we can be nice and alert tomorrow.  YAY!!!!  
As soon as I see my Paul, Brian, and Sylvia- I'll post some pictures of how they've grown!  Oh- I hope they haven't forgotten their Auntie Lindy! 

Love you heaps!
Lindy

PS- Obviously this is being posted a bit late.  what do you know- the internet doesn't work.  So be patient with our responding to emails until we get the bugs worked out.  TIA- people...  (This Is Africa!)

3 comments:

Lindsey Broere said...

hahahahahahaha...too funny! Probably the sleep deprivation that had you reacting so quickly.

I'm glad you made it home safely. I'm going to miss you tonight...We're ringing in the new year to the sound of the Quip It "while you wait" music--but it just won't be the same.

Anonymous said...

hahahahahah.... I'm laughing so hard right now!!! You're funny!! I'm glad you guys made it home safe. Love you immensely!!!

Anonymous said...

You have to come back! We still have chai tea with whip cream left to drink. Seriously, we are glad you arrived home safely. We are also thankful you didn't have to use your CPR skills on the plane.
Hope the jet lag won't be too bad.