Saturday, October 11, 2008

Shout Out...




Today is my precious Husbands' Birthday, so please allow me to toot his horn a bit.  After all, he is REALLY wonderful.  
I wanted to share just a hand full of things I LOVE about my Chris:

  • He's my protector, provider, prophet and preist (for those voddie fans out there)- he has been even more of a protector since we arrived here.  He's so great at making sure I'm okay, checking on me, or calling me when I'm out of his sight.  He would do anything to assure I'm taking care of and provided for before him.  As my prophet- well, any of you who know Chris at all- know he's an amazing  teacher of the word.  He's so in tune with the Lords will.
  • He puts Gods first. 
  • He loves to date me... still- after 8 years! And he's a total Romantic.  (Though it's a bit hard over here) 
  • He's always the first to say he's sorry.  (Even when I'm in the wrong)
  • He's so giving... which compliments me well since that is probably what I'm least good at. 
  • He is SO great with kids.  I really love to watch him with Paul and Brian- they now want to be held by "uncle Chris".  They absolutely love him.  He taught them how to say "see you later" instead of "bye", so now they say it all the time.  Even when it's no appropriate.
  • He never lets me get walked on.  He always takes up for me... and anyone else he loves for that matter.
  • He's a great teacher.  He has taught me so much about the bible.  I rarely ask him a question he doesn't know or hasn't thought about or studied.  Not to mention he's a  walking dictionary.    
  • He's knows more random information than anyone I've ever met.  His brain just soaks up everything he's ever learned.
  • He makes me laugh!  All the time.  He is hilarious.  Just writing this make me think of funny things he says or does to make me laugh.  Half of them none of you have ever seen. He just does them in front of me.   He's wonderful at doing impersonations of just about anybody.
  • He can quote just about any movie on command.He's driven, tough, and has incredible discernment.  
  •  I love his close relationship with his family.  
  • He always has a new idea.  He is so driven and full of better ways to do things, new projects, how to serve more effectively, and new ministry opportunities.
  • I love his heart for missions!  Not just in Kenya, but around the world. 

If you have anything else to add to the list, please feel free to do so in the comments! 






9 comments:

Keira Grace said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRIS!!!!!!! :)

Our Journey to Rwanda said...

You draw the BEST tatoos on my children with permanent markers- I believe Jman might still have the Tyler's jersey still emblazened on his chest! We love you!

Anonymous said...

He's cares for people in a way that can't be described, and he will help almost anyone, anywhere. He guides and leads better than anyone else I know.

and I love him!!


HAPPY BIRHTDAY CHRIS!! Can't wait to see you guys

~Paige

TeamNegron said...

Chris "M.A." Thompson is perhaps the single most creative person I've ever known! Laurie and I loved playing games with him growing up as they were always completely made up and yet the most hilarious or best memory-making times. And let's not even mention his artistic talents, which we are still in awe of like when we found his hold high school art binder the other night and see how gifted he always was, even back then. Chris IS so sweetly protective, Linders, in ways you might never even know, because he's protecting you even when you're not looking or paying attention. But probably my most favorite thing about my brother is his God-given gift for encouragement. I never feel as special as when Chris is building me up, which is about every time I speak to or see him. And I'm sure Felix can testify to how much Chris has meant to him as an encourager in his faith, reminding him of what it means to be a husband thru God's Scripture. Happy 33rd birthday, big brother. We miss and love you so much!!!

The Beaver Bunch said...

I will have to agree with April. The thing I love most about Chris is his ability to be an encourager.

Some people encourage you with empty words and simple phrases. Chris has the perfect ability to encourage using the Word as his treasure chest. It's like his brain searches scripture out and then he matches it to the qualities and characteristics of the person he is lifting up.

What a wonderful person! We both (Luke and I) are immensely blessed to call him a friend!

I'm Just Sayin said...

OH my goodness! Reading your blog made me think of so many things! Like when we went to Atlanta and Chris wanted to meet the speaker of a seminar at 2:00 in the morning JUST because the guy offended me. OH and how many times he's told me to take up for myself! And the time we went on the youth workers retreat at Caraway and he and I were the only ones in the room who fit a certain profile (that I can't remember the name of). I also remember sitting in the food court of the CNN center in Atlanta hearing him tell Michael Bowers he "loves him too much to tell him right now what he thinks about Michael being our pastor." Oh my goodness - Chris is AMAZING! (you are too but it's not your birthday!)

Mama K said...

i know its a bit late but Happy B-day bro!

Brittany Bryant said...

Another late one...Chris has the best "your in trouble" voice. He knows what I'm talking about.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday very very late Chris! We like to celebrate birthday months so maybe you guys will too. Lindy, your precious words describing your man touched my heart. It made me also think of how fortunate I am to have the soulmate God has blessed me with. You guys have a very special thing! In 50 years I hope you can still say the same thing about each other. What a giving little couple you two are! In His Strength & JOY, Deb K.