Monday, October 13, 2008

Quick and random update...


Just wanted you all to know that you won't be hearing from us for a few days because we are traveling to Maralal which is out in the bush.  No electricity, no internet- no problem.  Joy and Shawna will be accompanying us.  Chris has a project to do and us girls are just along for the fun.  My prayers used to be that we would live in a mud hut out in the bush.  This guesthouse isn't exactly what I had in mind, but maybe the Lord knows me better than I do!  I do enjoy my washing machine.  At any rate, I'm sure us girls will find something interesting to do out there.  I just didn't want to leave you all hanging wondering "why no updates?"  
I actually had a really great post in my head last week after an interesting day walking around Kibera, but I never did get a chance to write it out.  That happens to me a lot.  
 
Just an interesting and random visual for you.  This is what our feet look like on a typical day after we get home from kibera.  EWE!  

I know we joke about not taking showers here, but we do take showers after Kibera.  I know you all are so happy to hear that.

Next tid bit: Joy and I went to participate in the slaughtering of a chicken Saturday in kibera whilst Chris was being a Nehemiah-building a wall in Kawangware.  Joy actually pumped herself up and thought she had herself talked into killing the chicken herself.  Long story short- she chickened out... but I sure have a HILARIOUS video of her... semi-attempt ( i guess that's what you would call it).  She claims that "next time" she's really going to do it.  We'll see.    

On a more serious note: (when we aren't slaughtering defenseless chickens)...

Joy and I did get the chance to go pray with a young girl with some spiritual struggles today.  It was an amazing opportunity.  In our efforts to get a small prayer ministry started in St. Mary's Mission Hospital- we met a young lady just a few years younger than us.  Her parents are Christians, and she is a fairly new Christian- though her faith in Christ is secret to all her muslim sisters and brothers.  It was such a privilege to meet this young girl and hear her story.  I truly believe the Lord is going to do a great work in her and bring her out of this.

That's all for now folks. Maybe you can expect another update on Sunday with pictures from the bush...  I know how you all are about some pictures.  
 

3 comments:

Matt Rollins said...

OOOOOO!!! Beth is gonna be MAAAD!! You in trouble... Hey, can you bring a chicken home for me to kill too?

lailasamburu said...

Happy to tell you that there is electricity in Maralal and even Internet. Welcome to lailasamburu, High Speed Internet Services, available from 9am to 9pm
Written by : http://lailasamburu.centerblog.net

Keira Grace said...

Stinky feettt!! Haha I love it. Have fun in the bush, be safe and blog all about it when you get home. I love you and miss you!!!