Sunday, September 14, 2008

Answers continued...





Continuing to answer questions from our Open Forum- here is the next one.

"Found or killed any Black Mambas yet?"

Don't know what a black mamba is?  Want to see a picture and read about how many we've found here?  Click here.  

Just one since that last post on them.  None in the sheets though.  I think all 4 that have been killed wince we've been here were mostly at night. So I no longer hang our clothes in the dark.  I have taken the trash out in the dark like twice this week though.  (But there was NO getting around that.  Had to be done.)  Long story short- a young dinner guest of ours got sick at the table.  I will refrain from going into detail.  Thankfully we had mama Joy to the rescue.  She was on it, let me tell you.  Good thing, b/c Chris wasn't so much...  
I still have yet to see a mamba.  I try to keep my distance though.  I really don't plan on it if I can help it.

"Do you miss anything from home besides family and friends?"

For Lindy: My mama's cooking, my nephew and niece's growth spurts, Sunday game night, prayers on the pk mat, "Lost" night, Wed. night youth, Sunday morning church and actually getting to SEE Michael's sermons instead of wondering what video or illustration he is using, pretty much anything that has to do with church, Davidson Surgical- let me clarify the PEOPLE more than the procedures, coffee with Paige, dad's catfish,  cheap chicken, driving on the right side of the road, lines on the road, uncorrupt government, democracy, my brothers oatmeal cookies, Laurie's seafood chowder, and Cory's cheese dip.  Just to name a few.  Can you tell I don't like food at all?

For Chris: Cheerwine, traffic laws that are obeyed,  the ability to pick on the phone and call someone, Monday night football, the blessing of having my guy friends right there, movies with my sisters, flounder gigging with dad,  being able to drive at night.  

We both miss our beagle.  (I know some of you are laughing thinking of how silly this sounds.  When you spend 3 years without children and playing with a beagle instead- let me know how you feel.)

Mind you we love it here and wouldn't trade any of this.  Nor can any of this take the place of how much we miss our family, friends, and church.
Love you all way more than we miss any of these silly little things. 






7 comments:

Matt Rollins said...

Das a good post. Is Felix asleep in that top picture? How is he still standing up?

Anonymous said...

Hi Lindy & Chris,
I'm Nathan Roberts' mom - and very much enjoy reading your blog. Gives us another view of Kenya, since your ministry is very different from that of Nathan and Candace. I hope you guys will be there in March when we come to Kenya - we would love to meet you!
Coleen Roberts

I'm Just Sayin said...

WHAT? No one has sent you Cheerwine? Is that even possible? Could we do that?

Anonymous said...

Jen, you're precious. It's okay. We'll be home before you know it to do some fund raising. It really isn't a big deal. We're just being silly.

Anonymous said...

Hi Lindy!!! I've been checking your blog every once and a while- I still can't believe you guys are in Kenya! Rusty and I have been talking about visit Africa ever since I came back from Tanzania five years ago. That would be so cool if we could come see you! Keep blogging- you're not boring at all!

Anonymous said...

Sarah- if you check this- send me your contact info! I need your email address so you can get our updates! We love and miss you guys so much! Glad Rusty got to meet Levi! Those pictures are precious! You are welcome to come any time!

Anonymous said...

Just so you know, I miss coffee with you so so much too!! Expecxt about a thousand coffee dates when yuo visit home, even if I have to make the coffe myself :)

I love you so much I can't even describe it

Love Love Love

Paige