Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Look who showed up!




Joy brought all kinds of goodies.  Among those are the amazingly cool socky-boots.  (Chris got a pair too...but unfortunately declined the photo opportunity)

Oh yea!  For years I have wanted 2 things.  One: to go on a medical mission trip with my Mom.  CHECK!  Two: Serve in Africa with my BFF.  Guess what!  She's here and tomorrow it begins.  CHECK!  That's right guys- Joy Marie Ward is in the Hizz-ouse.  And here to stay for at least 2 months.  I couldn't be more tickled.  She arrived Tuesday night and of course I didn't allow her to recover from jet lag.  We stayed up till after 1:30 catching up on each others lives.  My mom calls us "Comma's" b/c we always seen to pick back up where we left off.  

For those of you who do not know her or have only met her- allow me to tell you a bit about her.  She's my twin I think... but so much cooler.  Joy has served in missions for the past several years.  She has lived in a tribal area of northern India as well as Singapore and Malaysia.  This girl has never been afraid to dive into missions and get her hands dirty for Jesus.  She is one of the most passionate people I have ever known.  She compliments me in ways I cannot explain.  She is strong where I am weakest.  She has boo coos of ideas on how to serve the poor, feed the hungry and stop injustice.  Her heart for the oppressed is like no one else I've ever encountered. 

..... And all this is FREE OF CHARGE!  Yea- she's not charging us a dime to use her talents, gifts and abilities for this ministry to help grow the kingdom.  
 

Is Joy excited to be here or what??  Every 5 minutes she says "Lindy, we're in Africa....together!"  

Making "Jazz's" for our dinner guests.


Our guests from South Horr. 



And to think- we met over a slice of cheese at Caswell just 8 years ago.   


Already today- we had our coffee, devo's, Joy had Kiswalhili lessons from Abe, we ran a couple miles, did some chores, cooked a time consuming yet yummy dinner, watched a Samburu wedding on video, fixed the toilet (well, rigged it) had more coffee and more chatting.  


11 comments:

Brittany Bryant said...

I'm so happy Joy's there with you. I love Joy! I hope yall have so much fun together...Africa will not know what hit them. Love you Linders!

Anonymous said...

Joy and Lindy-- Yes I am wiping my tears away, but they are Happy Tears!! I know Nairobi will be so excited to see two little angels coming to shower them with love and blessings. I Love the two of you so much. Mom

Matt Rollins said...

Dude what the junk have you got on your feet!!?? Those are not American! Usually fellow Americans bring other fellow Americans.... American stuff. I have yet to see those on Ebay. Please speak to Chris and tell him to get in the photo. Are his Carolina Blue? Tell him that if he savor the photo opportunity, I will have Levi do the same with his...

Raising the Rollins' said...

Lovin' the sock boots...now all you need is my couch pouch and you're good to go. I really love that you wore them for your dinner guests...I'm actually laughing out loud right now, that's hilarious! You are the greatest thing there ever was!

Send Joy and Chris my love...

...still laughing...

cathy hudler said...

That is sooo great that Joy is there with you! How wonderful!! I hope ya'll have an absolute amazing time doing God's work together!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad she got to come dear. i love you, and i hope your having a wondeful time with you bff...

Cuz your in africa... together!!

:)

Paige

Lindsey Broere said...

If Chris isn't going to use his sock boots...I'll gladly take them. Those things look like the most comfortable things I've ever seen--heat em up in front of a wood stove, heat up a cup of hot chocolate...FORGET ABOUT IT!

I'm with Beth...hilarious that you wore them with your dinner guests--but they are business at the bottom and party at the top?

The Beaver Bunch said...

yay! She's there! I'm so thrilled for you! I told Luke and he said he's already praying for Chris b/c we know you two are double trouble!

Love and miss you much!

Ps-you get Elizabeth's package yet?

gk said...

Okay! It's super fun story time, with your host, Grace Christine Kriegel the 1st!!
So I read this post this morning, right before I headed out to my Chemistry lecture. And I was like lalala, walking into class, and there are like 220 people in this lecture. So I found an empty seat, next to this girl, and we were just talking, and she looked JUST like Joy. I was like.. Whoa! Only then it gets better.. HER NAME WAS JOY TOO!! Yep. It was crazy. My brain like flipped over in my skull. I am not even lying about this real life event.
So do me a favor, and tell Joy I say hello, even though she only met me once, and probably doesn't even remember me anymore!
Miss you bunches! Love, hugs, and toast crumbs!

Our Journey to Rwanda said...

Lindy- I am so thrilled that you- all three of you have the amazing opportunity to serve together! I can not wait to read about what God has you all to do together. I love you, Joy!! Love-em

Unknown said...

So happy Joy's there with you! She DOES bring the best goodies but SHE is the best gift of all!! God bless, from lil ole Shillong, India.