Monday, August 11, 2008

It's smiling at me...



I learned a few weeks ago that there are 2 types of missionaries:
1. Those who know they have parasites.
2. Those who do not know they have parasites.
Today I learned that I am the first (my brother is flippin' out right now).  I figured I would try to keep my sickness under wraps for a little bit (not to worry the Mom), but this is too good not to share now.  (wait till I get to the funny part...)  Dr. Burchel just diagnosed me via email.  As Chris was enjoying his last day with the RFBC team Friday in South Horr, I was getting further aquatinted with our chartreuse toilet- face to face.  
I'm not going to dwell on all the details of my emesis and the fact that he is just chillin' in my small intestine.  I thought you all might want to know what I read about my little friend:  "If the organism is split and stained, it has a very characteristic pattern that resembles a smiley face."  Hilarious- right?  
Ha!  I'm NOT smiling back....

**Sorry to those of you that consider this post TMI.

10 comments:

Brittany Bryant said...

Only you LIndy Thompson could be this calm and comical about a parasite hanging out in your body. At least it's smiling though and not a mean parasite, imagine what a mean one could do.

Raising the Rollins' said...

Your brother is wigging out right now....you better be careful what you post, you just may talk him out of coming to visit!

I hope you're feeling better and I'm glad you're such a positive person..I love that about you...

gk said...

What if it was a parasite that if you split and stained it, it looked like a pigeon? Or maybe a poodle? Or ME??? I smile alot. You can name your little small intestine friends Grace. If I ever get lice, I'll name them Lindy. That way we'll be even. Tell my fellow Graces I say hello! :)

billysmom said...

Oh sweet girl I hope you are parasite free soon:)
I will never see a smiley face the same again. Wal-Mart is going to look like a parasite palace from now on.

Matt Rollins said...

OH DEAR LORD I TOLD YOU NOT TO SWIM IN THE CREEK!!!! I was going to come see you in Africa, but no more. You would seriously have to hold me back from jumping off the tallest building in Nairobi. The only thing that lives in me is the Holy Spirit!!! No critters or worms dude.... I'm serious.

The Beaver Bunch said...

Yuck-o! So, how do you rid yourself of this little,....thing? Is there a cream, or potion or something? Ew, okay, I'm nauseous just thinking about it.

gk said...

I'm glad you loved my other comment! I came back to post another comment with exciting news!!!

I got a web cam!! We shall chat soon! :)

Matt Rollins said...

OMG what possessed you to put a picture of that thing on your blog? Sometimes there is just a line that must be drawn!!

Vonda said...

Dadgum that's just wrong. I was wondering if you've named it yet. Scruffy's a nice name. Tell Chris howdy. -Brent

Anonymous said...

IS IT GIARDIA??????? Giardia is my fav parasite. Fo' real. In fact, we are besties. I have a song about Giardia (can you imagine such a thing?)!!

I love you boo, and I sure as heck hope you are feeling better! Get some Metronidazole (or Metronidazzle as I like to call it).