Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Mission complete!

Baby girl Helsby #6 was born at 5:30pm yesterday.  8lbs 9oz.  She's a beaut!!  Dave and Hannah looked so worn out when they came home.  Dave said it was the hardest labor yet.  He said their "pain medicine" didn't touch her so they asked for an epidural, but it was too late (I didn't even know they did those here).  I felt so bad for him.  He just kept saying "Ugh- the pain was aweful for her." (That has to be so tough for you men to watch that but not be able to do anything.)  I am telling you what- that is one tough lady!  I'm just glad it's over for her.  We saw pictures of the baby last night.  She definitely looks like a Helsby!  Dave said the pain had to be horrible for her, but maybe the fact that there is a baby at the end of it helps you press through it.  

I'm getting flashbacks  of Jill Briscoe using labor as an example in one session (in India) at that conference in Ooty.  She was talking about how the doctor was telling her not to waste the pain, but to USE the pain.  She went on to talk about not wasting the tears and the tough times that come our way in life.  Use the pain to grow us, teach us, and mold us into what God desires us to be.  Consider it ALL joy, right?

You all will have to wait until next week to see pictures of the baby b/c they are moving to the Hampton House (with Sid and Linda B) until our RFBC team leaves.  I'm making them promise to come back Monday.  :)  YAY!  We are so excited about seeing our fellow Rich Forkians tomorrow!  
Today we are going to play with and feed the kids in Kibera.  It might not sound good to you, but I made chicken, rice, and beans mixed together.  I guarantee they'll love it!  (They don't get meet.  Esp. not chicken.)  Keira, Shawna, and Taylor are going for the first time too!  Chris will be evangelizing.  I'm so excited about them going.  They are such naturals with kids (way more so than I am)!  Kids just flock to them.  It took the Helsby kids about 6 seconds before they were in their arms hugging them and stuff.  Any way- we'll have some pictures of the kids in Kibera soon! 

2 comments:

Hall Family said...

Praise God! That is a big baby-IMHO! I struggle with the 7 pounders even when I am medicated-lol.

I bet your food will be a huge deal for those kiddos. You are making me hungry just reading about it. Have Fun!

Blessings-Hall Family

Raising the Rollins' said...

She's a tough woman, that's all I've got to say! I can't wait to see pics. What's the girl/boy ratio in their family now?

I'm so glad you get some company in Kibera today...I know you and know that you love playing with the children and, believe me, YOU are a natural too...always have been...everyone flocks to you!

I'm so glad you'll be seeing some old, familiar faces soon...even if it is for a short while. I wish I was on that plane...