Sunday, June 22, 2008

Mighty to Save

If you were at Rich Fork on Sunday the 15th (our last Sunday)- you may have heard this song:

Everyone needs compassion
A love thats never failing
let mercy fall on me
Everyone needs forgiveness
The kindness of a savior
the hope of nations

Savior he can move the mountains
my God is mighty to save, He is mighty to save
forever author of salvation
He rose and conquered the grave
Jesus conquered the grave

so take me as you find me
all my fears and failures
and fill my life again
I give my life to follow
and everything I believe in
now I surrender
yes I surrender

Savior he can move the mountians
my God is mighty to save he is mighty to save
forever author of salvation
He rose and conquered the grave
Jesus conquered the grave

Shine your light and let the whole world see
singing for the glory of the risen king
Jesus, shine your light and let the whole world see
singing for the glory of the risen king

Savior he can move the mountains
my God is mighty to save He is mighty to save
forever author of salvation
He rose and conquered the grave
Jesus conquered the grave

You are my savior you can move the mountains
God you are mighty to save you are mighty to save
forever author of salvation
You rose and conquered the grave
Jesus conquered the grave

I can still remember the first time I heard this song. We were downstairs in youth worship and Lindsey Larison sang it... I fell in love. Then I got home and couldn't remember the words. Later on I heard it on the radio and heard the artists name. (I'm not sure if Laura Story actually wrote it, but I know she wrote indescribable). So I went home and immediately downloaded it to my Ipod just before leaving to go to the beach for the weekend. (My whole fam went to see CT's whole fam). Saturday morning I got up to run about 7am... so the sun had already risen a bit. (a) So I had a pump-me-up song, then I had Mighty to Save scheduled next. Before I knew it, I was running down the beach with my arms lifted straight up singing to the top of my lungs! What a great praise song!

(a) Funny thing. Before we left for the beach- I texted my brother because we used to run together when he worked at the PD. I texted to ask him "Hey, Matt- bring your running stuff so we can run on the beach together" He texted back "Hey, Lindy- bring your chainsaw and chase me with it so I'll have a reason the run." I don't know if anyone thinks my bro is as funny as I do... there are a few of you who are laughing aloud out there.

Well my people, I promise the good stuff is coming.. about what the Lord is doing in the slums and with the ministry, it is just taking a little bit to get settled and adjusted. This week things should crank up and you won't have to hear me tell silly stories about making detergent, going grocery shopping or making bread that never rises. CT has plans for evangelism in the streets on Tuesday and I'll bring you a report of the good stuff then. Mighty to Save always makes me think about the importance of evangelism and discipleship, man... I just love it. (Sunday called for an extra tear-fest when the pastor's kids had to sing it...Oh mercy- I can remember when they were born and now they're singing my favorite worship song in front of the church)

6 comments:

Our Journey to Rwanda said...

Thanks for the update- you make me laugh out loud! We are so pleased with your new friends, they look vaguely familiar, however! We love you, friends and are praying for the upcoming week in ministry. Love-em

Raising the Rollins' said...

It is uncanny how our minds think alike sometimes! I've been struggling to think of something else to blog about and all that came to mind was putting the lyrics of "Mighty to Save" on my blog instead of my random thoughts. That song has been with me all week. It always makes me think of you (one of my most favorite people) and the passion that is within you. I love you...keep posting random thoughts and the "good stuff." Hilarious new friends...love their names...

Anonymous said...

Ok so i guess i see Matt as being funny like u said. I laughed out loud like u said some ppl would do. I def. miss u :) i am excited about reading your blog. -Chasity-
P.S. If i sale my bed who should i contact to see if your twin is still available?

Goodfellas Pipe & Cigar said...

Contact either my brother and beth or Kim and Casey... I'd like to sale the mirror/Dresser/bed/night stand together. THanks Chas!

Goodfellas Pipe & Cigar said...

Who the heck-- goodfellas???

Joy said...

i still remember LOL when you told me this about matt. again, nutjob.