Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Home Sweet Home (or Africa Sweet Africa)

Showers in Amsterdam- $51
McDonalds Lunch- $28
Destroyed piece of luggage- $84
Arriving safely in Kenya to learn a close friend back home has given his life to Jesus...Priceless!

Thank you for all your precious prayers! We have felt them all. We are reminded of why we fell in love with Kenya in the first place... THE PEOPLE! We have been able to catch up with all our Livingstone team here at the house and they are doing well. We are now ready to get our feet dirty! (and our teeth clean after all that time without a toothbrush...)

As soon as we got up to our bedroom we started opening our suitcases to unpack when we looked at one another then stopped to drop to our knees to commit this to our Savior. My prayer is that this NEVER EVER becomes about Chris and Lindy Thompson- that it be only about the great commission and lost and weary souls coming to know the saving grace and refuge of our Lord. I pray our knees become calloused and our rugs under the bed becomes bare. We thank our God every time we remember you!
We love you all so very much and cannot thank you enough for doing WHATEVER IT TOOK for us to get here. Thank you for the countless hours of cleaning; the late nights before the silent auction; the emptied pockets, dry eyes, and snotty noses. Only God knows the joy of our hearts through your service.

We had a video but it's taking FOREVER to upload... maybe later.... stay tuned!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have never been more excited for or proud of you guys...I feel like Ty on Extreme Home Makeover for thinking this, but your blog title made me think of how the Lord must be saying, "Welcome Home Team Thompson, welcome home!" LOVE YOU!

Joy said...

hahah!! that's GREAT anonymous--the extreme makeover analogy.
so how 'bout EVERYONE that has entered the coffee house has left with way more than a cup of coffee, b/c they got your whole story. dad has already written your names on the 'prayer request' chalk board at the front and i hear him telling people your story. pretty much, we love you around here and we couldn't be prouder of your obedient hearts.
let me know how the garlic pressing goes:)

Anonymous said...

YAYYY GOD! I have been checking your blog every break I have to figure out if you arrived safely. Your post thrilled my soul!!! HOME SWEET HOME! I totally agree with Anonymous and Joy - The Lord must be saying "Welcome Home Team Thompson" ..... and even more exciting than that are the new souls that will hear "Welcome Home" when they go to heaven b/c you showed them the Lord. OOhh, I get chills thinking about the work you two will do. I love love love you both so much!! Cory and I are praying diligently, and remember, if you need it, we will ship it. :)
Sending crazy amounts of love and prayers,
Emann

Anonymous said...

You are so right. You certainly have been in our prayers and will continue to be. Our love is with you. Keep in touch.

RFBC Prayer Ministry

Our Journey to Rwanda said...

So glad you two finally arrived- I have worn this keyboard out looking at your blog! We love you immensely and we are praying intently!!!!
Emily B

Ma said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!! You made it.We are so thankful. Can't wait to see Jeremiah 29:11 come to fruition in your lives.
We are praying for you every day. Linders, you have always been my "think outside the box" child. Thanks for making me dream bigger dreams.
We love and miss you.

Anonymous said...

Hey guys! I am so glad to hear you guys arrived safe and sound. One question, how dirty were you that it cost $51 dollars for a shower?
I just want you to know how much you guys mean to our family. You have taught us so much and have helped us grow in so many ways. I pray that you will touch all the hearts you meet, just as you have touched ours. We love you guys! Chrissy

Julli said...

I am so happy to hear you have reached your destination and begun your journey! God has so much in store for the two of you. Enjoy the journey. Much love,

The Beaver Bunch said...

So glad you're finally home. Thanks for bringing my family along on this journey. You both have made an eternal impact on our family, and your story is just beginning! Can't wait for updates (you know, daily ones).

Love you much!

Hall Family said...

Chris and Lindy-

What wonderful examples you are both-to so many, especially young kids!
My girls are so excited to be able to follow along with and pray over this amazing journey God has provided you both.

Blessings-The Hall Family

DELIGHT YOURSELF IN THE LORD AND HE WILL GIVE YOU THE DESIRES OF YOUR HEART. PSALM 37:4 NIV

Anonymous said...

Chris and Lindy,
So neat to hear from you guys already.. God has great things in store for you...

Lindsey Broere said...

YAY...So glad you guys arrived with full bellies ($28 at McDonalds...WHAT?) and full hearts!

Neil and I are so excited for ya'll and wearing our rugs here in Lexington :-)

I'm with Emily...if you guys need anything we'll ship it!

Lindsey

I'm Just Sayin said...

We are breathing a huge sigh of relief that you are there and safe. Praise God!!! Now, "go ye therefore" and then "update us back here". We love you and are lifting you up daily!

Raising the Rollins' said...

My heart is so happy for you both and for all that's in store for Kenya! God is so good! I'm so glad you arrived safely and I hope you're getting comfortable. Keep us updated...I'm on the edge of my seat!