I left T-ville Thursday evening to start our wild wilderness weekend in Boone, NC. We willingly went to fight bugs, rain, bears (not), attack cows (fo real!), and the dark.
That's right- we went camping... just the 2 of us. It was so much fun! At the end of our time together, our number one question was: why in the world hadn't we done this before?? We hiked (and napped along the way) for over 5 hours Friday after setting up camp (FYI: tent stakes are a great idea to ACTUALLY TAKE along- it makes setting up the tent way easier. But good ol' quick thinkin' Joy found some rocks and sticks which worked rather well.)
We thought we were being super rugged- cooking on our alcohol stove. Yes sir'ee, we had rice and popcorn. Go ahead and laugh, but we were about to bust! After dinner, we read exerts of a book about missions in the 21st century. When God turned out the lights, we realized- we had no other source except our camera. So naturally- we crawled in our tent, curled up in our sleeping bags and began taking photos whilst laughing our heads off. I know it's impossible to enjoy these as much as we did, but if you have time please try- just for fun!
3 comments:
man you beat me!!! i started my post two days ago but had to save it--i even titled it 'the last hoorah'--can you believe it. and how'd you do that video? that's awesome--i like it better than the slideshow fo shizzle. plus you get tunes. who knows, maybe our next hoorah will be camping in the bush and fixing rice over the stove, well, because we have to:)
LYMI
I must say... you two are pretty much amazing... you make me :)
Grace and I did a similar picture taking thing sunday night...
but without the cute naturey stuff you had...
it is fun isn't it?
Love you!!
I enjoyed your camping trip with Joy. What a blessing it is to have such a great friend! I'm so glad you got to get together for some "fun time" before you and Chris leave. We know what a blessing true friends are from God. Take care and God bless, Jenny
Post a Comment