Monday, April 21, 2008

Empty

"I know that you can do all things;  No plan of yours can be thwarted."
Job 42:2


God's word never returns to him void.  We have that assurance from scripture.  This truth was proven, yet again, this past weekend.  We'd like to share how good our Father was and is to us through this past weekend's events:

God did it!  It wasn't Chris & Lindy's plan.  It wasn't our reason for having this event.  This was for His glory and the kingdom's purpose.  Do you know how God blessed these efforts?  Do you have any idea how God blessed us through the giving over this past weekend?  Let me share with you, because you are probably reading this with great anticipation:


God blessed us with over 200!  You read that correctly; over 200!  We are absolutely humbled by that number!  Lindy and I both were so excited Saturday night as we laid in bed talking about the evening.  Can anybody be more rich than us?  Nope, cause we got 200!  200 real, quality-filled, earnestly devoted, proudly supportive, humbly generous family members reminded us that we aren't leaving the palace on June 16th after all.   We will be carrying the wealth of those relationships with us to the uttermost!  Therefore, we are truly rich!

God puts blessings in open hands.  The preliminary monetary total for the evening:  $9634.00 This number has left us speechless.  We are amazed as God did what God said He would.   Yet, even before this weekend, we began to see the most impressive evidence of God's blessing.  And as the evening wore on  we realized that this number was no where near as impressive as watching YOU give us your devotion and love.  

We truly are empty of words.  

~Thomas Christopher Thompson & Lindy Rollins Thompson

PS:  We will give you more highlights and pictures of the evening later this week.

3 comments:

Lindsey Broere said...

WOW guys! That is so exciting...I'm so happy to hear that things went better than you could have ever anticipated! God is good like that, huh? YAY!

Lindsey Broere said...

Bless your heart..it must have been nerves.

You are SO welcome for the sauce, I am so happy that you asked--it really was my pleasure...so no "thank you" is necessary :-)

We gotta do the cookout thing soon!

The Beaver Bunch said...

I just wanted to let you both know that I've been thinking about you a lot lately. Are ya'll coming Sat. night to our SS class pizza party (Young Married Class)? Please, please come. Plus, I want to talk to ya'll. Love you!