
Darfurian Children (taken by a friend providing medical aid)
It's been a long week, my friends, so I haven't blogged lately. But it seems like it's okay because I'm not sure if people are actually reading this thing anyway. Are you? Because there aren't any comments and you are perfectly capable of commenting now. But I'm not bitter... really.
Prayer cards will be here soon people. They are at the printers now.
This past weekend I went to see the best friend who was hot off the airplane from Singapore. Thoroughly enjoyed our long chats about American and African politics, and about Jesus' return. We talked a lot about how we can get/be involved in stopped genocide, then moved on Revelations. I know you guys are thinking "Wow, that's heavy over a simple cup of Joe". But there we many, many cups of coffee over those 36 hours. The main thing on my heart that I have been praying for is awareness and praying that God will use celebrities to make others aware of ALL the genocide that is taking place right now: the Congo, Northern Uganda, Darfur, and Chad. Low and behold, my prayers were answered way before I uttered them because Joy let me borrow a book called "Not on our Watch". Both Joy and I have had special interests in Darfur. But I think it is crucial that we spread awareness about ALL of these mentioned.
Well, there is much to do today, my friends, so I'm going to go for an oldie, goldie and pull out a paper I wrote back in November. It is about the genocide going on right now in Darfur. But please keep in mind that it is only one place of many enduring these heinous acts. If you want to read, please do. Simply click on "Why Darfur" above the map to your right. I don't want to paste it here because i don't want people to happen upon it or feel forced to read it (though, I think everyone should) due to it's graphic nature. I can promise it will be disturbing, but it is ALL factual.
Thanks you guys. Please pray for all these people in all these places.... then DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! If you don't know how, PLEASE ASK! Love you all.
8 comments:
Don't get your panties in a bunch, I'm reading! With such a heavy topic, how can my measly comment measure up? I hope you both know by now that we're praying for you guys and the African people. Love you!
The Beavers
Gosh I love you beavers.... You just unwadded my panties. Thanks for that! I was really starting to wonder if it was getting read.
okay im back from the queen city and was in a hizzie trying to find your number because its on my mom's phone and she's not here....arg. LINDY! have you started the book? Is it good or what?! AND, i have about 5 items in my amazon cart that should be on the way--2 DVD's too. And, guess what book they recommended to me...Irresistible Revolution.
"check " i said. my bff has got me covered.
okay so i forgot i'm under my mom's name. yikes.
if i brew another pot of coffee will you come back?
Joy.... is there a way to make this gigantic pic smaller (at the top)? I think i've tried everything.
ummmm....hmmm.. that i dont know...HPS??? SOS!!!
Does HPS even know about this site? I've been missing her.... she's the expert at all this....
sup. is it the 1st you guys are speaking in Wilkesboro? hey how 'bout a new post? and, what are you guys doing on the 5th--a Wednesday night? you wanna meet in Wilksboro for a joint service with our church and one there? its gonna be off the hook. fo shizzle. (i'll buy you dinner...coffee...dessert...whatever yo want homie).
Post a Comment